Something that should be needed for a kamen rider anniversary season.

... Hang on, ever since Drive's theme is cars? We don't know that. We don't know that at all, unless there's been an announcement that I missed.

'Gaim' implies nothing about it being about fruit, 'Fourze' doesn't suggest anything about astronauts, 'OOO' doesn't say anything about the fact that he's animal themed. We don't know what Drive's theme is.

And I realise that there's been rumours of a wheel theme design, but there's also been random pictures of sports cars with 'IS THIS DRIVE?!?!?!', and at this time last year we were hearing that Gaim would have swords based on previous riders. At this time when Double was being announced, we were hearing that he'd be a dolphin rider with a transparent suit.

I doubt they'll go back too much. Part of what the Heisei era is doing that has allowed it to run syndication longer than any other period in the show's history is the diversity from year to year. Almost all of the original Rider shows in the 70s & 80s were almost exactly the same.

It makes it harder to catch & hold the average person's attention when you're completely changing the characters & story from year to year, but are still essentially making the same thing. It bothers people who like consistency & find it harder to relate to characters & fall into a show. If the theme, basic idea & tech differ completely from year to year, then it feels like an entirely new show & can get average people hyped & interested.

I don't think that really lines up. V3, which easily the most derivative show, also was the most successful out of the Kamen Rider sequels. Shows that attempted different things like X (which had a completely new story and very different hero and enemy designs) and Amazon (with yet again different visual design, and a very unconventional protagonist) seemed to be the least successful ones and forced to undergo changes to become more like the previous shows. Even Stronger had to get its protagonist "sanitized" to be more heroic in later episodes.

So, Showa Rider seemed to be punished for trying different things. You talk about Heisei Rider being different, but we just went through four years where even character debuts and "deaths" had specific timings in multiple series. Of course, they seemed to realize that it was a bad idea, and so we got Gaim.

I doubt they'll go back too much. Part of what the Heisei era is doing that has allowed it to run syndication longer than any other period in the show's history is the diversity from year to year. Almost all of the original Rider shows in the 70s & 80s were almost exactly the same.

It makes it harder to catch & hold the average person's attention when you're completely changing the characters & story from year to year, but are still essentially making the same thing. It bothers people who like consistency & find it harder to relate to characters & fall into a show. If the theme, basic idea & tech differ completely from year to year, then it feels like an entirely new show & can get average people hyped & interested.

They might pay homage with series' like Kuuga, Kabuto or Decade when it's due, but it's highly unlikely they'll go into full on Showa in the series anytime soon.

Not to mention, the production isn't exactly organized. The toy company artists are formed into a group, brainstorm an idea, do variations on the artwork until the boss is impressed, then ship it over to Toei to hire a producer & head writer, who then hires a team to turn whatever they got into a viable show. No one is all working together from the beginning to work towards a single goal.

Hmmm, You might be right the reason each shows in the heisei riders show is different is because they need to make sure they don’t want to be similar to each other’s predecessors But what’s wrong with a bit of nostalgia we need nostalgia from both showa and heisei rider series in the anniversary season like bringing back the insect and cyborg theme just once (my favorite part nanobot type and a secondary rider with no mouth piece like riderman except his super form) and have some end credit thing like how kuuga did I mean if they keep on diversing from their predecessor seasons fully it feels the heisei rider franchise doesn’t look kamen rider anymore just some different franchise show .
And you might be right about the production that isn’t fully organized ,it feel as though toy thing comes first as if they focus on toys rather than the story and the show. In order to be organized only the ones who make the story and concept to do that for example first the studio who makes the franchise should come up with concept for next season then find some writer to think of a story until the board of executives not only accept the concept but the story as well and then have it send to Bandai (the toy company) to make the figures and forms, That's how it is.

I don't think that really lines up. V3, which easily the most derivative show, also was the most successful out of the Kamen Rider sequels. Shows that attempted different things like X (which had a completely new story and very different hero and enemy designs) and Amazon (with yet again different visual design, and a very unconventional protagonist) seemed to be the least successful ones and forced to undergo changes to become more like the previous shows. Even Stronger had to get its protagonist "sanitized" to be more heroic in later episodes.

So, Showa Rider seemed to be punished for trying different things. You talk about Heisei Rider being different, but we just went through four years where even character debuts and "deaths" had specific timings in multiple series. Of course, they seemed to realize that it was a bad idea, and so we got Gaim.

Hmm you might be right about the showa part .:disappoin

Kuuga did just fine with a solo rider and is the reason why we had Rider shows yearly for the past decade. I think another solo rider show could sell well today.

Kuuga did just fine with a solo rider and is the reason why we had Rider shows yearly for the past decade. I think another solo rider show could sell well today.
I'd say it was really more Agito that set up the rest of the modern franchise. Kuuga could have been (and was originally intended to be) a successful one-off. Besides, Bandai wouldn't approve of a toy-less solo Rider, and they pay for the show to be made so without them you don't have a series at all.

Yeah that would be nice especially on the anniversary season so it can pay homage to both showa and the heisei eras

I'd say it was really more Agito that set up the rest of the modern franchise. Kuuga could have been (and was originally intended to be) a successful one-off. Besides, Bandai wouldn't approve of a toy-less solo Rider, and they pay for the show to be made so without them you don't have a series at all.

That is a problem and considered as a disadvantage.