Something feels missing in the TOEI/TV Asahi Sunday morning line up

We know that TOEI/TV Asahi Sunday morning line up consist of three long running franchises-Kamen rider and Super sentai which are part of the live action block called Superhero time and a Magical girl anime series called Pretty cure who some believed is descended from the some previous magical girl franchise series made by toei called Sally the witch.

But it feels like there is something missing and that is some boys demographic anime series franchise, I mean sure it's spot is filled with Mobile Suit Gundam Unicorn RE:0096 and any other boys demographic anime series by other anime studios.

But the reason I feel that something is missing in TOEI/TV Asahi Sunday morning line up is because the only similarity that super sentai ,Kamen rider and pretty cure have one thing in common is that they are made by Toei and aired on TV Asahi, though the difference is that Kamen rider and super sentai are aimed at both demographic boys and girls and are live action, While Pretty Cure is aimed at the girl demographic .

So what I am saying is that the TOEI/TV Asahi Sunday morning line up should get a Boy demographic anime franchise made by TOEI animation studios and air on Sunday mornings alongside Pretty Cure, Super Sentai and Kamen Rider. Think about it a Boy demographic anime franchise made by TOEI and air on TV Asahi should be in tone similar to the recent Yu gi oh anime series ,the recently popular franchise Yo-kai Watch and Hero Bank. That way the Boy demographic anime franchise made by toei will be a sister franchise to pretty cure similar to Super sentai when it is a sister franchise to kamen rider.

So what do you think ,do we really need a long running Boy demographic anime franchise made by TOEI to air on TV Asahi alongside Pretty Cure, Super Sentai and Kamen Rider so that it feels like the TOEI/TV Asahi Sunday morning lineup will feel complete?

IMO, it's
Super sentai ->aimed at boys and girls
KAmen rider ->aimed at boys
Pretty cure -> aimed at girls

IMO, it's
Super sentai ->aimed at boys and girls
KAmen rider ->aimed at boys
Pretty cure -> aimed at girls

Actually girls like kamen rider as well though it was aimed at boys but the problem is that Kamen rider and super sentai are live action and pretty cure ianime aimed for girls so what the line up needs is a anime franchise made by toei aired in tv asahi along side with pretty cure and aimed at boys as well.

World Trigger, a Toei produced anime based on a Shonen Jump manga that aired before Super Sentai's timeslot, literally just ended less than a year ago. It was cancelled due to poor ratings. Before that, there was the sumo anime Abarenbo Rikishi Matsutarou. Also produced by Toei, also aimed at boys, also cancelled due to EXTREMELY poor ratings.

So yeah, they've already tried that.

The anime that airs before Super Sentai varies, but it's always a show that's made by a division of Sunrise, the famous animation studio that created well-known shows like Gundam, Cowboy Bebop, Code Geass, and Tiger & Bunny. Sunrise also happen to be owned by Bandai.

That's where I think you've gotten mixed up; 'Sunday Morning Kids Time' isn't a Toei lineup - it's a Bandai one. They pay for all four shows to be made. They're the official sponsor of the block. The whole thing is basically two hours of product promos for them. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Mad Skillz
I'd love for the current show to be replaced with something...better. Heybot is so difficult to watch more than a few minutes of at a time. I was actually hoping for a new Gundam aimed at kids or something after Unicorn aired to cover up Brave Beats being cancelled. (the Gundam and Sentai aired back to back in the 90s, so it was neat to have that again for a while)

World Trigger, a Toei produced anime based on a Shonen Jump manga that aired before Super Sentai's timeslot, literally just ended less than a year ago. It was cancelled due to poor ratings. Before that, there was the sumo anime Abarenbo Rikishi Matsutarou. Also produced by Toei, also aimed at boys, also cancelled due to EXTREMELY poor ratings.

Was it straight up cancelled? I do remember it having a strange episode count. It also had a mega high profile actor in the lead so poor ratings must have been bad. (it actually aired at 6:30 AM, so I can't imagine how bad they were when Digimon and Saint Seiya Omega were both getting 1% on average and both had 50+ episode runs)

The anime that airs before Super Sentai varies, but it's always a show that's made by a division of Sunrise, the famous animation studio that created well-known shows like Gundam, Cowboy Bebop, Code Geass, and Tiger & Bunny. Sunrise also happen to be owned by Bandai.

That's where I think you've gotten mixed up; 'Sunday Morning Kids Time' isn't a Toei lineup - it's a Bandai one. They pay for all four shows to be made. They're the official sponsor of the block. The whole thing is basically two hours of product promos for them. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

It's three hours, isn't it?. The block starts at 6:00 AM with re-runs of last year's Kamen Rider. Then 6:30 was the slot that used to be held by World Trigger, but got replaced by that sports recap show (I got the 6:30 and 7:00 slots mixed up in my last post).

But yeah, Aoi Kurenai also mentioned Saint Seiya Omega and Digimon Xros Wars (at least I think it was Xros Wars). Toei did have something in the Sunday morning block, but it clearly wasn't working anymore so they've axed involvement with that time slot completely.

Aoi Kurenai said:
Was it straight up cancelled? I do remember it having a strange episode count. It also had a mega high profile actor in the lead so poor ratings must have been bad. (it actually aired at 6:30 AM, so I can't imagine how bad they were when Digimon and Saint Seiya Omega were both getting 1% on average and both had 50+ episode runs)

It looks like it was a variety of factors. The anime was pulling in low ratings, manga sales didn't get a noticeable boost, and the anime was close to catching up to the manga's story.

Well world trigger was a shonen jump manga and is adapted to anime series like thes rest of the popular weekly shonen jump series which i wish that they should make a anime after the manga ends but that is not the case here.Also Abarenbo Rikishi Matsutarou is just an anime adaptation of an old concluded manga series called Notari Matsutarō maybe toei should just stick to one piece instead however that is not what i am here to say I still think Toei and Bandai should come up with an original anime franchise aimed at the boy demographic not adapted from any manga series which although is going to be a lot difficult that they thought.

Yeah world trigger was cancelled though it was a shonen jump manga anime series maybe it's better toei should stick to one piece only just to be safe while other manga adapted anime series will be made by different anime studios.

You have good point about why Bandai is in charge of three line of shows Kamen rider,Super sentai and Pretty cure and why they air on tv asahi but that isn't right.I think Bandai and toei should make a boy demographic anime franchise and air on tv asahi after or before pretty cure series.That way the line up will be completed so that all four shows which will air on tv asahi sunday morning lineup are made by both bandai and toei if that happens for real .

I'd love for the current show to be replaced with something...better. Heybot is so difficult to watch more than a few minutes of at a time. I was actually hoping for a new Gundam aimed at kids or something after Unicorn aired to cover up Brave Beats being cancelled. (the Gundam and Sentai aired back to back in the 90s, so it was neat to have that again for a while)

Yeah but i think it will be better to have bandai and toei to come up with an original boy demographic anime franchise to air on tv asahi before or after pretty cure so that it will considered it as a sister show to the franchise but in a tone similar to other boy anime series like the recent yu gi oh series and the yo kai watch series including Sonic X

It's three hours, isn't it?. The block starts at 6:00 AM with re-runs of last year's Kamen Rider. Then 6:30 was the slot that used to be held by World Trigger, but got replaced by that sports recap show (I got the 6:30 and 7:00 slots mixed up in my last post).

But yeah, Aoi Kurenai also mentioned Saint Seiya Omega and Digimon Xros Wars (at least I think it was Xros Wars). Toei did have something in the Sunday morning block, but it clearly wasn't working anymore so they've axed involvement with that time slot completely.

Good point though i wonder why toei and bandai couldn't come up with something original aimed for boy demographic similar to the pretty cure franchise when they aimed for the girl demographic

It looks like it was a variety of factors. The anime was pulling in low ratings, manga sales didn't get a noticeable boost, and the anime was close to catching up to the manga's story.

You know what i think they should have make a anime series after the manga ends or maybe it won't get a anime when the manga is axed or gain too many hiatus.

Why? Because it feels right? That literally doesn't make any sense. It doesn't work, period. Toei has tried numerous shows in that timeslot for the last several years and almost all of them flopped. Back up your argument with something a little more substantial than "because I want it".

Also, don't quote everyone individually and then literally say the same thing over and over again in response to each person and point. It's redundant, unnecessary, and makes your posts even more of a chore to read.

Why? Because it feels right? That literally doesn't make any sense. It doesn't work, period. Toei has tried numerous shows in that timeslot for the last several years and almost all of them flopped. Back up your argument with something a little more substantial than "because I want it".

Also, don't quote everyone individually and then literally say the same thing over and over again in response to each person and point. It's redundant, unnecessary, and makes your posts even more of a chore to read.

What ever happened to the phrase "If you don't succeed try try again" I am sure toei and bandai will come up with boy demographic anime franchise and act as a sister show to pretty cure in the near future (I hope)

and too late I already quoted .