Something about the modern KR and sentai toys which have catchphrases

Note:this was originally a sub topic from a main thread before it is deleted

You know the current sentai and kamen rider toys they are well fully voiced like "Cyclone joker(W),Drive..TYPE SPEED(drive),"The Henge! Nin nin nin, nin ninin nin! Nin nin nin, nin ninin nin!" (nininger),"Gaburincho"(kyoryuger) etc i know it gives excitement to the kids but do you think it's been well repetitive or tiresome maybe it could be the reason why toy sales are decreasing so i was thinking suppose if for few years the sentai and rider henshin device toys and arsenal toys will remain silent without any voices except the special effect i mean think about it maybe we can see a sentai or rider where they transform or use weapons on tv but no voices saying some catchphrase except some specials effects coming from it.

Also if a cyborg theme is back to the Kamen rider franchise maybe the voice thing will be included in the rider arsenal but instead of the voice being human and singer like it should be computer like similar to faiz and the Intelligent software assistants in our computers and mobile phones like siri or google now.It should sound something like "initiating transformation"-COMPLETE" ,""red form activate" and "initiating finishing move" and for detransformation "SHUT DOWN" what do you think?

R

raden238

I don't think the Rider and Sentai toys having voices have anything to do with decreasing toy sales. Kids and older fans buy toys based on what they are. Could it be a factor for people not buying the toys because of the annoying voices? Yeah. But to say having voices is entirely to blame is not true. The reason why Rider and Sentai toys are now more voice oriented is because of the collectibles. They're only so many new sound effects you can create for a toy before you run out of ideas. But with voices it's endless.

I have a Fourze Driver and many of the switches actually have the same sound effect but the driver "reads" the switches differently via name. Rider toys also recycle sound effects too. It's clear coming up with plain sounds for toys is a lot harder than just simply using a unique voice instead. Thats why we have them now in all these role play toys. The times where we have simpler toys with plain sound effects are long gone. I like it when the rider belts do less talking and more cool sounds like Faiz. The last belt that had a simple henshin sound without a voice jingle was Fourze. The rider voices are annoying sometimes too. Smart Brain gear had the coolest voice. But from OOO - Drive the voices are ehhhhh.

I think the collectibles are reason why toy sales are decreasing. People don't like the idea of collecting 100 items just to play with a rider belt or changer. Its expensive and people usual buy the collectibles that are used mostly in the show like the form change ones. It's the important collectible items that people want.

I promise you the talking drivers increase sales.

Also, Gaim's Driver talk is my favorite thing about any series ever.

These things get trialed and tested. If kids thought the sounds were annoying then Bandai would quit it.

I get the impression it's partially down to the theme. Animal themes always sell well and OOO sure did. Bandai keeps track of what's selling and tries to follow trends when it can.

I don't know about little kids, but the toy collectors/reviewers seem to like having extra stand-alone functionality in the collectables (such as with the Gaia Memories or Lockseeds) rather than having them do nothing without the belt. But the electronics make the collectables more expensive to make, which may be why it's not a consistant thing.

I don't think the Rider and Sentai toys having voices have anything to do with decreasing toy sales. Kids and older fans buy toys based on what they are. Could it be a factor for people not buying the toys because of the annoying voices? Yeah. But to say having voices is entirely to blame is not true. The reason why Rider and Sentai toys are now more voice oriented is because of the collectibles. They're only so many new sound effects you can create for a toy before you run out of ideas. But with voices it's endless.

I have a Fourze Driver and many of the switches actually have the same sound effect but the driver "reads" the switches differently via name. Rider toys also recycle sound effects too. It's clear coming up with plain sounds for toys is a lot harder than just simply using a unique voice instead. Thats why we have them now in all these role play toys. The times where we have simpler toys with plain sound effects are long gone. I like it when the rider belts do less talking and more cool sounds like Faiz. The last belt that had a simple henshin sound without a voice jingle was Fourze. The rider voices are annoying sometimes too. Smart Brain gear had the coolest voice. But from OOO - Drive the voices are ehhhhh.

I think the collectibles are reason why toy sales are decreasing. People don't like the idea of collecting 100 items just to play with a rider belt or changer. Its expensive and people usual buy the collectibles that are used mostly in the show like the form change ones. It's the important collectible items that people want.

You maybe right about voices they are endless but if they are going to be less annoying how about if they change it a bit like if its a returning cyborg theme for the heisei series (my favorite part should be nanobots) it would have a plain computer type voice that should sound similar like siri or the ones google now did like "Initiating" "Access----form" and for dehenshin "SHUTDOWN and if its animal themes i think animal sounds without human japanese (human) voice. But if people voices are not interested then i think its best they cut it for a while and let the toys remain silent for some of the future sentai and KR shows at least for a few years.

Anyway I agree about the collectibles collecting 100 items for the parts rider belt or changer is too much and they are also expensive i think its time that children would buy a single toy only rather than buying collecting 100 items that way children can pretend to be their favorite villain or hero using a single toy only with cheap prices.

And despite that the country is now in modern age where birth rates are decreasing and the only toys kids could buy are just collectibles I still think the children need single toys but if they buy single toys that will result in a similar problem the gobuster did and if they really want collectibles then they should buy some real collectibles that are not related to the tokusatsu series as it should focus on entertaining the viewers (though they will use merchandising) but if they did it will cause popularity that some studio or something will make a anime revolve around it.

and do you suppose if our children from around the world prefer collectibles and single toys unlike or they just a single toy unlike japan?

I promise you the talking drivers increase sales.

Also, Gaim's Driver talk is my favorite thing about any series ever.

Really?:eyebrow:

These things get trialed and tested. If kids thought the sounds were annoying then Bandai would quit it.

I get the impression it's partially down to the theme. Animal themes always sell well and OOO sure did. Bandai keeps track of what's selling and tries to follow trends when it can.

I don't know about little kids, but the toy collectors/reviewers seem to like having extra stand-alone functionality in the collectables (such as with the Gaia Memories or Lockseeds) rather than having them do nothing without the belt. But the electronics make the collectables more expensive to make, which may be why it's not a consistant thing.

Maybe bandai should have used test marketing like the ones americans use but still that will cause similar results anyway i think that in order not to make it more expensive i think toys with just only sound effects without human voices will do nicely that will be cheap to make and make the kids interested.

and you know what, if a animal theme for a sentai and kamen rider is maybe they could try out a animal sound devices without any human voices instead like for example if a rider or a sentai is transformed into a bird rider it should have a sound of a eagle or type of bird to let him transform

Last edited:
Shining~
Yeah, if kids don't like talkative Driver, Ghost Driver wouldn't be this talkative. Just look at all those chant for each Eyecon, it rivals Lockseeds :laugh:

Not to mention the constant BATCHIRIMINA!!

Still, I won't mind seeing a less talkative Driver again. Most likely for the secondary/tertiary rider, because there's no way they're going to do that for the main rider, at least for now.

the only driver that's "talkative" is Drive though. The other ones only announce a special move.

^Don't forget Kivat. (KR Kiva) He was also rather talkative. There were complaints that year that the precorded driver did not match the show(because, of course, the voices and sounds were prerecorded before the show started airing, and the voice actor also adjust his acting to the character of Kivat).

Ghost's driver is spouting phrases like the drivers in Gaim or Wizard.(from the preview we got from the stage greeting clip)