Someone should create a new Final Fantasy Movie next to the FFVII: Advent Children

final-fantasy-vii-advent-children.jpg

I am not aware, is there any Final Fantasy film next to the Advent Children? I am sure a Final Fantasy XV: The Movie, played by human actors would be great and will stir up the hearts of fans all over the globe. What do you think?

I also believe that a Final Fantasy 7 film, split into 3 parts could be just as successful as Lord of the Rings, The Matrix, or even Star Wars. I had fun doing a mock cast of characters selection imagining I am the casting director for the said films. There is so much great content to make an amazing and spellbinding adventure story, someone has to try it considering how many FFVII fans are out there and how much nostalgia it could bring, very power mechanism similar to the Video Game Music Community.

What are your thoughts about it?

Last edited:
Have you seen Kingsglaive? That seems to be the nearest thing that they could do to a movie to make it look like real people. I don't think they'll make a "live action" of Final Fantasy because all of the animes who tried producing live actions turned out to be trash films and everybody is bashing those films. I don't think Square would risk that.

I don't think they should ever make another Final Fantasy movie because they all end up sucking big time. Video games being turned into a movies is almost always never a good idea imo.

I think this should be in FF7 section. But keeping that aside. Another thing is that FF7 story is overly used. Now I think we need fresh stories. And we can use old heroes and vilians from the FF7 if needed. But we need fresh story like FF15 or even FF9 wasn't bad either. New movie animated in 2D would be good instead of 3D. I kind of hate 3D designs.

I think this should be in FF7 section. But keeping that aside. Another thing is that FF7 story is overly used. Now I think we need fresh stories. And we can use old heroes and vilians from the FF7 if needed. But we need fresh story like FF15 or even FF9 wasn't bad either. New movie animated in 2D would be good instead of 3D. I kind of hate 3D designs.

I think that you have made a great point here. Yes FF 7 is a great game but we need something new and FF 15 or even FF 13 would do great if it's done with it.

I don't think they should ever make another Final Fantasy movie because they all end up sucking big time. Video games being turned into a movies is almost always never a good idea imo.
I'm with you on this one, I've never been a huge fan of video games turned into movies. They always manage to find a way to screw up.

I think that you have made a great point here. Yes FF 7 is a great game but we need something new and FF 15 or even FF 13 would do great if it's done with it.
Yes FF15 has a good plot and characters. So it would not be bad if they make the movie out of it. I won't mind if they mix the characters from other games. It'd be good enough in that case as a change of storyline and universe.

Yes FF15 has a good plot and characters. So it would not be bad if they make the movie out of it. I won't mind if they mix the characters from other games. It'd be good enough in that case as a change of storyline and universe.

That would definitely be a good thing to do for all the lovers of Final Fantasy XV, personally I'm huge fan of FF XV, with Noctis being my favorite character, I will surely enjoy the movie.

Most video-game movies pretty much bomb at the movies, but I believe Advent Children did pretty good, but I still think Square Enix lost a lot of money with this film. They should go with more of the medieval worlds of the Final Fantasy games, with castles and knights, and Shakespeare, if they ever make another Final Fantasy movie-and that would be cool!

Last edited:
Most video-game movies pretty much bomb at the movies, but I believe Advent Children did pretty good, but I still think Square Enix lost a lot of money with this film. They should go with more of the medieval worlds of the Final Fantasy games, with castles and knights, and Shakespeare, if they ever make a another Final Fantasy movie-and that would be cool!

It's true that Square Enix might have invested a lot of time and money in making the movie but I do believe that the company is equal to the task because they have made billions of dollars from the game. So why not spend it and make a better movie?