Mad Skillz
For all its faults, I still believe Go-Busters did mecha scenes better than any other Sentai ever has, on a consistent level. You do see the occasional scene in other shows that are very well done, but Go-Busters felt to me the first (and so far only) show that could keep a high level of quality going in those scenes in nearly every episode. The battle in the first episode still stands out to me as the best mecha scene I've ever seen in Sentai thanks to a fantastic balance of practical and CGI effects.

I hope the sense of scale brought into those scenes with Go-Busters manages to stick around in the long run because they make what would be otherwise uninteresting sections of the episodes seem interesting and engaging. Kyoryuger managed it, perhaps not to the level of Go-Busters, very well and more often than not, I loved the scale brought to the fights in that series.

I haven't been keeping up with ToQger very well, but the mecha scenes in that show seem to be keeping it up when they can. Though it is a shame that you have these hideous looking robots.

Some good things about Go-Busters.... Escape enough said. :)
If it's the actress that you like then I'd suggest checking out Cutie Honey The Live. It's a bit different to the usual SHT fare, but her actress plays a character who is in theory the "Secondary Rider" of the show but breaks out and spends a good portion of the second half essentially promoted to protagonist. She gets waaay more focus and screen time than she ever got in Go-Busters.

For all its faults, I still believe Go-Busters did mecha scenes better than any other Sentai ever has, on a consistent level. You do see the occasional scene in other shows that are very well done, but Go-Busters felt to me the first (and so far only) show that could keep a high level of quality going in those scenes in nearly every episode. The battle in the first episode still stands out to me as the best mecha scene I've ever seen in Sentai thanks to a fantastic balance of practical and CGI effects.

I hope the sense of scale brought into those scenes with Go-Busters manages to stick around in the long run because they make what would be otherwise uninteresting sections of the episodes seem interesting and engaging. Kyoryuger managed it, perhaps not to the level of Go-Busters, very well and more often than not, I loved the scale brought to the fights in that series.

I haven't been keeping up with ToQger very well, but the mecha scenes in that show seem to be keeping it up when they can. Though it is a shame that you have these hideous looking robots.

Yeah i too love the mecha scenes in go-buster they are not so bad and we wish the other sentai series would do the same thing like them maybe we can hope that gobusters will be vindicated by history in the near future ,and i agree with toQger when i first look at their mechas they look so incomplete.

Some good things about Go-Busters.... Escape enough said. :)

That's an advantage. ;)

Last edited:
R

raden238

Some good things from Go-Busters?
- The leather suits as opposed to spandex.
- Megazord countdown
- Escape :)
- Go-Buster Ace!!! I always liked the idea of the Red Ranger having his own personal Red Sentai Robo. Ryuseioh was awesome and so is Ace.

I actually liked Go-Busters, more than Kyoryuger and Toqger. I felt the characters also had personality. It did start the stupid trend of having the Blue Ranger being an older, old man type role. The spy theme was cool, even though it dropped by the 2nd episode, I liked it. The motif of the series is something that I always wanted in Super Sentai, so maybe I'm a bit bias. I always love the High Tech Toku Heroes.

I liked him when he wasn't a god
It did start the stupid trend of having the Blue Ranger being an older, old man type role.

No, it didn't. That was Goseiger (even though Toei gave GoseiBlue's age as only 24)

Why are people so damn obsessed with the leather suits?

In terms of characters I'd say the "best" for me have to be Enter and Beet. Enter is one of the few villains that has actually managed to make me invested in him and I really appreciated him as a character. Masato Jin spoke to me on a really personal level for reasons I won't go into here but I still think he is a fantastic addition to the franchise.

Some good things from Go-Busters?
- The leather suits as opposed to spandex.
- Megazord countdown
- Escape :)
- Go-Buster Ace!!! I always liked the idea of the Red Ranger having his own personal Red Sentai Robo. Ryuseioh was awesome and so is Ace.

I actually liked Go-Busters, more than Kyoryuger and Toqger. I felt the characters also had personality. It did start the stupid trend of having the Blue Ranger being an older, old man type role. The spy theme was cool, even though it dropped by the 2nd episode, I liked it. The motif of the series is something that I always wanted in Super Sentai, so maybe I'm a bit bias. I always love the High Tech Toku Heroes.

Yeah they are really good things in go-busters and i like it kind of too bad no other sentai seasons would make a similar thing like this one because of low ratings and low toy sales. Actually the spy theme remained there until the second half .

Why are people so damn obsessed with the leather suits?

In terms of characters I'd say the "best" for me have to be Enter and Beet. Enter is one of the few villains that has actually managed to make me invested in him and I really appreciated him as a character. Masato Jin spoke to me on a really personal level for reasons I won't go into here but I still think he is a fantastic addition to the franchise.

Because its better than spandex i mean what's wrong with leather sentai suits they may look ordinary sure but they are nice.and the villains does look cool as well.

Enter resonates because he's the poor low-level employee who manages to get results despite all odds and is still chewed upon by his crazy boss who does absolutely nothing. :laugh::laugh::laugh:

I liked him when he wasn't a god
Because its better than spandex i mean what's wrong with leather sentai suits they may look ordinary sure but they are nice.and the villains does look cool as well.

What's good about leather or bad about spandex, though? I just don't get it