So, it appears I cannot stream YouTube videos on the forums again [EDIT: It's fixed]

Work is mad busy and WW hasn't had time to turn back on all the old plugins. I'll let him know.

On one hand it's finally working now, which is all well and good. On the other hand, it seems to not be very specific and it will pop up the embeddable "player" by default, even if it's just intended as a regular link (you need to essentially add things such as "<>" to prevent it from creating a "player", even when just putting the straight address as plain text). Was there previously something in the coding for the feature that had been used to distinguish the two? I don't recall it being this overly-sensitive.

Really? I recall it being like that outside of normal forums, such as in PMs or User Profile Messages. But in the forums proper, wasn't there a "Youtube" button, or some such effect that made a difference between the two? I'm fairly sure I was able to make links to Youtube without it activating the streaming feature, while simultaneously embedding others in the same post.

JFC

♥ 大好き ♥
When we had it before, it was always an automatic embed by default. There are ways to prevent it from embedding, such as the trick you mentioned of adding "<>" into the code. Another is to put the videos URL within "QUOTE" or "CODE" tags.