Fangtaku
I gave it 3 episodes, wasn't interested. Got shown episode 20 or something, still wasn't interesting. I think it's stupid.

Lurker
I've seen bits, the most I've seen is probably a five minute portion of an episode. I've seen clips from various episodes, and while I'm sure it's enjoyable on some level, I don't like what I've seen.

I mean, I'm not the best person to be going to, since I haven't even seen a full episode, but the bits I've watched (both Morphed and unMorphed stuff) doesn't appeal to me.

The Ranger with the Cowbell
I think it makes Go-onger look like Jetman.

I second that motion. Granted I like Go-Onger. Kyoryuger I don't because it just doesn't seem to know how humor works. You can't just have people dance and to silly music and expect me to laugh. With Go-Onger you have racecar drivers fighting pollution monsters, THAT'S funny to me.

And I remember back when Black Fang was a more nuanced critic. Nowadays he's childish bad deep and edgy good. He'll probably moderate himself when we get Liefeld doing Sentai. :laugh:

Is Garo "deep and edgy"? Because I haven't exactly been ecstatic about Season 3.

Honestly, I'm just bored in general with the tokus currently airing. I sat down to Go-Busters back in June and thought it decent, and enjoyed watching Fourze and Metalder again over this spring and summer. But Kyoryuger and Wizard aren't drawing me in; in fact Wizard practically did the opposite since its promising beginning.

Last edited:
Lurker
Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't Go-Busters aimed at the same audience? And that didn't have half the stupid wackiness as Kyoryuger. It's as though it wants to make up for that lost year.

And look how well that approach did for Go-Busters; worst ratings in Sentai history.

Last edited:
D

Dr Kain

Nope, I like Kyoryuger because it is energetic, it has characters, and it has villains. I don't care for the mecha all that much, but the story of the show has been nicely told and paced, and that triumphs over the kiddie side of it.

I liked him when he wasn't a god
There are elements of it that I don't like, but starting a bash thread just because you can't stand that anybody else likes it is a thoroughly graceless thing to do. You seem to be angry that Sentai isn't continuing in the vein of Go-Busters, and while I am sorry if you like Go-Busters, they can't afford to keep emulating a show that underperformed commercially.

If the lovers can have their own thread, such is only fair for the other side.

Do you mean the discussion thread, which every currently airing show gets?

and dare I said, playing it really safe as I do?

You are absolutely proving the point I made in my own thread (that Sentai is criticised for "playing it safe" and Kamen Rider for supposedly straying too far from the principles of the franchise.) Sometimes they have to "play it safe" and do something they know is going to bring in money. Toei couldn't afford another Go-Busters this year.

If you wish Sentai would end rather than keep producing shows you think are bad, fair enough. Otherwise, the money's got to come from somewhere.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't Go-Busters aimed at the same audience? And that didn't have half the stupid wackiness as Kyoryuger. It's as though it wants to make up for that lost year.

One of the biggest complaints of the Japanese fanbase with Go-Busters was that they felt it was trying too hard to be mature and court an older audience at the expense of kids ...

Myself, I never want to see another "serious" Sentai again. At this stage, I would actually prefer half an hour of zany hijinks over tightly-written plot and drama. My complaints with Kyoryuger include other things such as finding Ian and Souji dull and disliking the amount of fanservice/general "Sakamoto lens". It feels hugely self-indulgent sometimes, like Michael Bay's Transformers movies.

Last edited:
Harumph.
I have only watched the first couple of episodes thus far. It's alright, but there's nothing particularly mindblowing about it. Though to be fair, I don't expect to be totally blown away by any series I watch. Nor do I expect to hate it, but whatever.

I think they were onto something with the dance motif, but a part of me wishes that they could have used something OTHER than dinosaurs.