Harumph.
Well I never did, even at that age.

And that doesn't explain why Daimajin Kanon resorted to it in episode 2, to my memory. I don't think that's a "kid-targetted" show.

You sound like that one kid whom everyone would make farting noises at just because they know it ticks them off.

Daimajin Kanon "resorted" to it not only to hopefully get a chuckle out of somebody, but also put emphasis on Taihei's lack of social graces despite being a very nice person.

Believe it or not, not every adult gets mad at a flatulence joke. It's just a matter of that joke actually being funny. Since the instances in Kanon weren't really funny, they didn't use the joke beyond those first few episodes.

Would like to change his avatar
Comedian Jeff Ross says that farts will always be funny. :laugh: I find that the Japanese can sometimes appreciate...what many would consider to be a juvenile sense of humor. They like their slapstick and potty humor.

What's sad about Kyoryuger is...they couldn't even pull off a fart joke! The idea of a mecha whose special move is to fart, they have a Fart Battery, there's a line in the ED lyrics about farting -- that should be hilarious! How can a fart joke be screwed up!?! It's the simplest joke to make! Anyone, anywhere, is guaranteed to get at least one person laughing if you make a fart noise when someone else bends over.

(Black Fang should never watch Kinnikuman.)

Harumph.
Comedian Jeff Ross says that farts will always be funny. :laugh: I find that the Japanese can sometimes appreciate...what many would consider to be a juvenile sense of humor. They like their slapstick and potty humor.

What's sad about Kyoryuger is...they couldn't even pull off a fart joke! The idea of a mecha whose special move is to fart, they have a Fart Battery, there's a line in the ED lyrics about farting -- that should be hilarious! How can a fart joke be screwed up!?! It's the simplest joke to make! Anyone, anywhere, is guaranteed to get at least one person laughing if you make a fart noise when someone else bends over.

(Black Fang should never watch Kinnikuman.)

Maybe it's the lack of a good punchline.

Oh gosh, Kinnikuman. He definitely should not go anywhere near Kinnikuman's fight with Black Hole.

The new Tendou Souji
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R6dm9rN6oTs"]Blazing Saddles --Farting Cowboys- Greatest Fart Scene of All Time - YouTube[/ame]

Last edited:
There's that difference. Daigo would put his body through extensively punishing treatment so that everyone else will get better.

Exactly. Daigo would put his body through extensively punishing treatment...and everyone else would somehow become better because of it, because he was already better than everyone else.

The difference is in the fact that Shinkenger made Takeru work for his ****, while Daigo rarely has to work for anything.

Also: Fart jokes are lame. That was a low point both for this show and for Sentai in general, and I'm still upset they let it in.

D

Dr Kain

Well I never did, even at that age.

Go into a classroom of elementary kids and you will see that they all enjoy fart jokes and stuff relating to it.

Kids get a kick of the knock knock joke

Who's There?

Smell mop

Smell mop who?

I'm not going to smell your pooh.

Can't comment on Daimajin because I haven't bothered to watch that show.

D

Dr Kain

Also: Fart jokes are lame. That was a low point both for this show and for Sentai in general, and I'm still upset they let it in.

You mean the show that gave us garbage years with series like Goseiger and Go-Buster, have had anime characters teaming up to fight villains with the rangers, mecha piled on top of each other to the point that you swear the suit actor died in there, talking mecha, and some of the most retarded looking monsters (like Soba noodles and erasers) are all okay, but fart jokes are the low point of the show? :sly:

I liked him when he wasn't a god
You mean the show that gave us garbage years with series like Goseiger and Go-Buster, have had anime characters teaming up to fight villains with the rangers

I'm drawing a blank on that one? I can only think of the Fourze/Shin-chan crossover ... :sweat:

I find that the Japanese can sometimes appreciate...what many would consider to be a juvenile sense of humor. They like their slapstick and potty humor.

That's very true, Japanese humour is often more wacky and "childish" than what would be considered normal in the west. I've heard that it's because their society is, or traditionally was, so structured and focused on rules/politeness that they enjoy a chance to just be silly. I don't know how true that is, but it's a possible reason why Toei loves zany humour in Sentai.

You mean the show that gave us garbage years with series like Goseiger and Go-Buster

Goseiger, probably. Go-Busters, no.

have had anime characters teaming up to fight villains with the rangers

When was this?

talking mecha, and some of the most retarded looking monsters (like Soba noodles and erasers) are all okay

Are you seriously saying that Kyoryuger doesn't have retarded-looking monsters? Candelira, Debo Akumoon, Kibishydesu, Yakigonte, Jakireen, Patissier, Kokodoko, and Peshango come to mind. The only ones that have thus far looked cool are Chaos, Debo Hyogakki, Nagareboshi, Doronbosu, Viruson, and Honenukky. The rest are forgettable; and Dogold still looks like a park mascot in clawed footy pajamas.