So besides me, Fantasy Leader, and a handful of other, perhaps not-so-vocal people, is there anyone who is not loving Kyoryuger? Does anyone else think it's as uncreative, overly "pander-to-the-littlest-kids" chock full of cartoonish stupidity, and dare I said, playing it really safe as I do? Because as we all know, last year took such a dark, morbid turn that the kids were scarred for life and needed to be brought back with one big sugar rush of wackiness :rolleyes2: I can admittedly pick out a couple of things I can say I like (my avatar speaks for itself), but overall this is just a nothing of a show.

If the lovers can have their own thread, such is only fair for the other side.

Altair
Kyoryuger is very ridiculous and childish, but it consistently has fun with itself. Too often Go-Busters didn't seem like they were having fun, which led to me not enjoying the show.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't Go-Busters aimed at the same audience? And that didn't have half the stupid wackiness as Kyoryuger. It's as though it wants to make up for that lost year.

Or how about Gaoranger? It wasn't this numbingly dumb, but yet wasn't the extreme opposite either. Was that a show rated TV-14 (American system) and I didn't know it?

Or let's even go back to Kakuranger. Hardly a show that took itself super seriously. Yet I have fun watching Kakuranger. I do not have fun watching Kyoryuger.

Banned
Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't Go-Busters aimed at the same audience? And that didn't have half the stupid wackiness as Kyoryuger. It's as though it wants to make up for that lost year.

Or how about Gaoranger? It wasn't this numbingly dumb, but yet wasn't the extreme opposite either. Was that a show rated TV-14 (American system) and I didn't know it?

Or let's even go back to Kakuranger. Hardly a show that took itself super seriously. Yet I have fun watching Kakuranger. I do not have fun watching Kyoryuger.

You not liking a show does not mean it has any less "wackiness" as past sentai. I mean do we really need to start discussing full episodes of each of the series you named to disprove your theory? I mean just off the top of my head one of the main mecha's in Gaoranger used giant banana's as weapons. GO-busters had all the wackiness with all the main characters, dancing, the villains etc. And if you say Kakuranger was full of wacky antics. I mean I am glad you had fun watching those other shows, but they are no more or less wacky. There are funny moments, cheesy moments, wacky moments and dramatic moments in ALL sentai series. Juuden included.

I have said this to you and others before... I mean if you don't enjoy watching it.. Why keep watching it? I mean there is no rule that says you are required to watch a full series if you are not enjoying it.

The new Tendou Souji
I've been 50/50 on it since the very beginning.

Like, I want to like it (obviously) and I'm sure there's some good stuff buried deep down in its core but... there's just so little that actually clicks for me from the cast to the style of humor (Note: I said "style"; not that I hate all humor 4ever) to the plot pacing -- it's all just ugh.

Sanjo, what happened to you? Did writing Digimon: Xros Wars destroy your talent?

I like how there has been a steady sense of progression, with various things always happening fairly often, and I love the addition of extra rangers per mecha (I've always disliked auxiliary mecha that aren't tied to any character)... However, I can't say I really care about any single member of Kyoryuger's cast, the mecha combinations are horrible, both visual (the miniatures here really just look like the toys. It's like I'm watching the tv commercials), audio and action (especially compared to Go-Busters last year), and the weekly monster plots generally have been really mediocre.

So... I'm not bored watching it, and I hope it leaves a legacy with the extra rangers for auxiliary mecha becoming a recurring part of the franchise, but I don't love the show, and won't miss it after it ends.

Kuuguitar
It's Daigo Sentai Daigoranger at worst, but let's not pretend Reds are supposed to take a backseat to someone else.

And I remember back when Black Fang was a more nuanced critic. Nowadays he's childish bad deep and edgy good. He'll probably moderate himself when we get Liefeld doing Sentai. :laugh: