I don't do sense
[HIDE]
2dbru9z.jpg
[/HIDE]
Considering some of the design elements match these found in the logo and it had been revealed before the logo was... yeah, I think the artwork is, unfortunately, real.

I don't mind the designs. They seem to be a throwback to the character designs of the first couple series, which I enjoyed.

Bring on the smiles!

PARTY HARD
Another Yes Precure 5 type, huh? So far, we've had 2 > 3 > 2 > 5 > 6 (if Milky Rose counts) > 4 > 4 > 4 > 5.

I've noticed that 4 Precures have been a consistent staple number since Fresh, since it has a balance of team members and character development compared to too much character development, not enough members and not enough character development, too many members to fit into a total of 48-50 episodes.

Design wise, the Precures are certainly different; they do take Yes/GoGo-5 to heart, but they also look...hm...like...well, I want to say Fresh, but...I haven't watched Fresh yet. But their Fairy reminds me of Chypre and Coffret.

Banned
I will never get why people say Yes had no character development. It had lots of it. Even before Go Go it had character growth. Just because a show has 5 cures, doesn't mean they won't do character stuff.

PARTY HARD
Oh no, I was just making an assumption. Sorry, I haven't touched Yes-5 yet because I'm SUPER slow on Futari wa. Though, I could be wrong about the assumption.

I based it off of the amount of characters / amount of episodes = amount of character development. I usually feel that the more main characters there are, the more certain characters will have more character development over another. And if there's less main characters, there will be shitload of character development for the main characters, and some important side character to balance it off.

The only time I feel this to be off in my assumption was Suite. Despite the fact that I love it so much because it's a music-based series, I felt that even though they got Hibiki, Kanade, Seiren/Ellen, and Ako, they've focused so much more on Hibiki and Kanade, with Ako catching up, and Seiren/Ellen being a comedy relief (sometimes with Hummy) most of the time. The only time Seiren/Ellen had decent character development was her time as part of Minor Land (first half of the series).

I based my assumption that 4 main characters = equal character development on HeartCatch because they focused on some people who would end up becoming Precures in the future (Itsuki, and then Yuri when she regains her powers) before they became Precures. Especially Yuri, who fought even without her powers to an extent.

So in Smile, if I start watching it before Yes-5, it'll be my first x > 4 (a number greater than 4, in this case, a 5-character series) Precure series.