Eye See You
ITSSUPERMAN.gif

The Smallville finale left quite a few fans underwhelmed, but they will get a chance to see what happens to the characters from the Tv series after those final shots of Clark fulfilling his destiny as Superman. Well, read about em anyway..

We all finally got to see ClarkKent (TomWellingmag-glass_10x10.gif) don the cape and take flight as Superman in Smallville's final episode. It was..not near as epic as it should have been and many fans felt very let down but the whole thing, even those that had stuck with the show through it's less than stellar final few seasons. But perhaps more intriguing than that was an epilogue featuring Chloe (Allison Mack) reading a bed time story to her son who (at least seemingly) is also the son of The Green Arrow (Justin Hartely). Now Bleeding Cool report that a new novel will continue these stories and the adventures of all of the Smallville folk after the events of the show's 10th and final season..

"I understand that story editor and writer for the series, Bryan Q Miller, also recently of Batgirl until the DC Relaunch, is to write a new novel, telling the story of what happened to the Smallville cast after the end of the TV series, in continuity. A Smallville Season Eleven, if you will. With Buffy The Vampire Slayer Season Eight and Nine doing so well in comic book form, this seems a rather natural move."

It's over 8,000!
I'm all for it.

It would have been nice to have a comic series based on the series which went beyond it, but a novel also seems to be a great idea.

Eye See You
I would have prefered if they did go Buffy Season 8 route, do the comic and then release it in a stop motion Blu-ray film.

I'm curious now as to whats gonna go down in the novel.

Not-So-Rabid Blade Fangirl
I agree about the comic thing, a Buffy/Angel-esque continuation would have been nice. I was actually fine with the way the series ended, since the show was supposed to be about the making of Superman, so once Clark actually donned the tights, it was time for the show to end.

I just hope they do a better job on this novelization than the Lois & Clark one I read, there are fanfics for L&C that are better than the "official" novel. :laugh:

Eye See You
I agree about the comic thing, a Buffy/Angel-esque continuation would have been nice. I was actually fine with the way the series ended, since the show was supposed to be about the making of Superman, so once Clark actually donned the tights, it was time for the show to end.

I just hope they do a better job on this novelization than the Lois & Clark one I read, there are fanfics for L&C that are better than the "official" novel. :laugh:

I used to watch Lois & Clark in the early mornings on TBS back in 2002. I might have to check that series out again but I remember it not really being anything to cartwheel about. What did you think about it?.

Lurker
Lois and Clark was a cheese-fest. Had a decent first season (thanks to the excellent John O'Shea) but the remaining seasons just got hammier and hammier, it was also one of those shows that thought "the catch is better than the chase" and they had Lois and Clark's romance happen WAY too soon, creating storytelling problems and leading to worse ideas in order to keep them apart a bit longer (Clark marries a Clone, Lois gets amnesia), their proper marraige was also the promotional drive for Clark and Lois' comic book wedding, but whilst the comic did well and was well received, the television episode itself was attrotious

It mercifully ended just as Lois and Clark got to the next stage, a stage the comics DARED not approach with a ten foot pole...having kids.

Not-So-Rabid Blade Fangirl
First season was great, second and third were pretty good, fourth had about 3 episodes that weren't total crap. :laugh: The fourth season is the only one I don't own.

It's kind of a geek-fest though, with all the cameos from various famous people. Denise Crosby (Tasha from TNG), Johnathan Frakes, Bruce Campbell, Howie Mandell, etc.

It's over 8,000!
I would have prefered if they did go Buffy Season 8 route, do the comic and then release it in a stop motion Blu-ray film.

I'm curious now as to whats gonna go down in the novel.

I agree with comic and stop motion.

It makes sense because Smallville is based on comic book characters. Taking it back to the comics for another season seems natural.

I will read the novel after it is released anyway.