Read my smart post
^^I might sound crazy but I like Lana more than Chloe. Both characters have their flaws, but I never found Chloe witty (I found the way she talked annoying) and her personal life was never interesting to me, the only season I enjoyed her was season 9 because she became Watchtower. Lana was annoying as hell when she had her on/off relationship with Clark but when you look past that I found she was very intelligent, strong, and took charge of her life (which I liked)

Holy ****, Abandoned was an incredible episode. Lois getting a tape from her mom, Clark getting a message from his Kryptonian parents, and Tess finding out about the orphanage. And Tess is a Luthor, I didn't see that one coming (and they made her mother Pamela Jenkins from season 1's "Crush", nice reference to continuity Smallville :D)

Read my smart post
Just finished Smallville. Words cannot describe how great the last episode was. They brought back so many characters (and actors) important to Clark and really made this one of the most emotional episodes of television I have ever seen. Michael Rosenbaum owned it (although his baldcap looked really bad lol), Johnathan and Martha Kent's words to Clark was so beautiful. Although we never saw Clark in the iconic Superman suit, I didn't mind, the shirt rip with the John Williams music was enough.

Smallville has been one of the best TV shows I have ever seen. I regret not watching this show when it was on TV, I missed a great experience. I didn't like the early seasons (specifically seasons 2 and 3) but the rest is just gold. What really made me attached to the show was that it became serialized, and I love serialized shows.

My only real complaint was Lana. Although the writers struggled with her character in the beginning, I thought she was incredible when written properly . And the way they wrote her out of the show was lame (Kryptonite suit...WTF), but it was so unsatisfying because she has incredible super-powers and we never find out what she is doing after season 8. I believe the writers thought Kristin Kruek was coming back after season 8 which is why they left it so open, but apparently they couldn't get her and a great character got (basically) dropped from the show.

Despite the way they treated Lana, Smallville is an incredible show, I recommend it to both fans of comics and people who have never picked up one before. It is really a show that makes you believe in heroes, and is just plain entertaining. Thank you Smallville :buttrock:

It's over 8,000!
^^I might sound crazy but I like Lana more than Chloe. Both characters have their flaws, but I never found Chloe witty (I found the way she talked annoying) and her personal life was never interesting to me, the only season I enjoyed her was season 9 because she became Watchtower. Lana was annoying as hell when she had her on/off relationship with Clark but when you look past that I found she was very intelligent, strong, and took charge of her life (which I liked)

Holy ****, Abandoned was an incredible episode. Lois getting a tape from her mom, Clark getting a message from his Kryptonian parents, and Tess finding out about the orphanage. And Tess is a Luthor, I didn't see that one coming (and they made her mother Pamela Jenkins from season 1's "Crush", nice reference to continuity Smallville :D)

Chloe was the witty one. Lana had nothing except the fact that Clark liked her for many years. The problem is that both characters did not have many secrets. The writers tried to make them more interesting by creating some kind of secret backstory for each one during the series' progression, but backstories don't work that way.

The reason why Chloe's character worked well most of the time was because the writers did not actively pursue the creation of secrets for Chloe until the later seasons.

Just finished Smallville. Words cannot describe how great the last episode was. They brought back so many characters (and actors) important to Clark and really made this one of the most emotional episodes of television I have ever seen. Michael Rosenbaum owned it (although his baldcap looked really bad lol), Johnathan and Martha Kent's words to Clark was so beautiful. Although we never saw Clark in the iconic Superman suit, I didn't mind, the shirt rip with the John Williams music was enough.

Smallville has been one of the best TV shows I have ever seen. I regret not watching this show when it was on TV, I missed a great experience. I didn't like the early seasons (specifically seasons 2 and 3) but the rest is just gold. What really made me attached to the show was that it became serialized, and I love serialized shows.

My only real complaint was Lana. Although the writers struggled with her character in the beginning, I thought she was incredible when written properly . And the way they wrote her out of the show was lame (Kryptonite suit...WTF), but it was so unsatisfying because she has incredible super-powers and we never find out what she is doing after season 8. I believe the writers thought Kristin Kruek was coming back after season 8 which is why they left it so open, but apparently they couldn't get her and a great character got (basically) dropped from the show.

Despite the way they treated Lana, Smallville is an incredible show, I recommend it to both fans of comics and people who have never picked up one before. It is really a show that makes you believe in heroes, and is just plain entertaining. Thank you Smallville :buttrock:

You didn't find Lex Luthor at all odd? His dialogue is nowhere even close to his dialogue in previous seasons. The writers brutally screwed up the ending.

Lana's story was closed in her last appearance. She helps aliens in interplanetary relations, according to the Legion.

Keeping her any longer put her character at risk of getting dragged to hell and having Clark rescue her soul or some weird stuff like that.

Read my smart post
I didn't notice anything wrong with Lex in the last episode (except that ridiculous bald cap), I was probably just too excited to see Michael Rosenbaum again, i'll have to watch it again to really look at the details. A possible reason for the change in dialogue was because, originally, Lex was not going to be in the finale, they even wrote a draft of the script without him.

But still, having a super-powered Lana in the world and never visiting or mentioning her was bad writing. You would think Clark, the Justice league or some villains would be vaguely interested in a person with such incredible powers.

And I did have a problem with Lex's mindwipe...WTF was up with that? Why do something to fit into the Superman comics? Smallville has broken the rules of comics many times, I just don't get it

It's over 8,000!
I didn't notice anything wrong with Lex in the last episode (except that ridiculous bald cap), I was probably just too excited to see Michael Rosenbaum again, i'll have to watch it again to really look at the details. A possible reason for the change in dialogue was because, originally, Lex was not going to be in the finale, they even wrote a draft of the script without him.

But still, having a super-powered Lana in the world and never visiting or mentioning her was bad writing. You would think Clark, the Justice league or some villains would be vaguely interested in a person with such incredible powers.

And I did have a problem with Lex's mindwipe...WTF was up with that? Why do something to fit into the Superman comics? Smallville has broken the rules of comics many times, I just don't get it

Lex used an extended metaphor which compares Clark to a drink. That's not his style. He usually opens with a history lesson or a quote, if anything. :eyebrow: :nono:

Dialogue in a script is easy compared to creating actions that leads to the return of a character. The writers also could have recycled one of Lex's old lines. He had some great ones.

Lana was keeping her distance because she could both physically and emotionally hurt Clark by staying in his life. The Justice League also would be a big part of his life.

Lex's memory loss was a terrible way to reset things between him and Clark. If we explore Lex's journey into villainy, we see that it is gradual and it is because of his experiences. He has no experiences after his memory is wiped, so he will not just become a villain. He also is confirmed to be dead. He also walks away from Tess' body like it was nothing. A reset Lex wouldn't do that. He would have some reaction. You're right about keeping it under its own storyline. It is a new story.