When The Fruit Of Life Corrupts Men
I'm aware that Toei does not follow the majority conscientious of Japan, but considering the fact that there is some hostility between China and Japan, why do you think their more popular series like Maskman, Dairanger, and Gekiranger are deep rooted in Kung-Fu and Chinese mysticism?

Hong Kong cinema is very popular throughout East Asia, hostility or not.

Territorial struggles in East Asia very rarely affect the pop culture on the long term. Koreans make it big in Japan and vice versa. ROC (Taiwanese) and PROC (Mainland) Chinese artists are popular throughout the China. Takeshi Kaneshiro has been big in both Hong Kong and Japan for awhile now. Also, Japanese AV Stars fill Hong Kong CAT III cinema rosters.

Heck, in Ip Man, the Japanese villain was played by Hiroyuki Ikeuchi, who was not exactly a small name in Japan. Not sure how the Japanese took it back then, though.

Lurker
Hong Kong cinema is very popular throughout East Asia, hostility or not.

Territorial struggles in East Asia very rarely affect the pop culture on the long term. Koreans make it big in Japan and vice versa. ROC (Taiwanese) and PROC (Mainland) Chinese artists are popular throughout the China. Takeshi Kaneshiro has been big in both Hong Kong and Japan for awhile now. Also, Japanese AV Stars fill Hong Kong CAT III cinema rosters.

Heck, in Ip Man, the Japanese villain was played by Hiroyuki Ikeuchi, who was not exactly a small name in Japan. Not sure how the Japanese took it back then, though.

this!!!

I guess Japan isn't so hostile and uptight as China to the point of "LET'S BURN DOWN CHINATOWN!!!1111oneoneone"?? I haven't seen much hostility towards the Chinese from the Japanese when I was studying there. I guess they harbour hatred more towards the Koreans since Korean pop culture, particularly K-pop, is so much more popular in Japan compared to J-pop and are literally "invading" their entertainment industry in recent years.

"あぁあぁっーー…!いぃやあ…あ"
I guess Japan isn't so hostile and uptight as China to the point of "LET'S BURN DOWN CHINATOWN!!!1111oneoneone"?? I haven't seen much hostility towards the Chinese from the Japanese when I was studying there. I guess they harbour hatred more towards the Koreans since Korean pop culture, particularly K-pop, is so much more popular in Japan compared to J-pop and are literally "invading" their entertainment industry in recent years.

That is true so this is why people of Japan are ok with AKB48 fandom and buying **** out of AKB48 goods

Kuuguitar
For the same reason the West fetishizes Japanese culture while ignoring WWII.

For the same reason the West fetishizes Japanese culture while ignoring WWII.

If there's someone who should be mad at the Japanese for WWII, it's not the West, but East and Southeast Asia. :laugh:

At any rate, it's a different matter as WWII was 70 years ago, while territorial scuffles go on everyday over east Asian waters.

If there's someone who should be mad at the Japanese for WWII, it's not the West, but East and Southeast Asia. :laugh:

QFT. there are still people in my country who hasn't forgiven the Japanese for what they've done to our people long, long ago. some weren't even born yet when it happened, so it's like those Americans who scoffed at Japan saying "they deserved it" during the Tohoku earthquake.

When The Fruit Of Life Corrupts Men
So it's like those Americans who scoffed at Japan saying "they deserved it" during the Tohoku earthquake.

Most of that was from dumb **** religious types who felt that it was god's wrath being incurred because the vast majority of Japan is Buddhist. They did the same exact thing during Hurricane Katrina because New Orleans is often seen as the most immoral place in the country

really? I thought it had something to do with Pearl Harbour or something. but still, yeah it's still a total bullshit.