When The Fruit Of Life Corrupts Men
slenderman.jpg

With Marble Hornets and even Totheark posting videos again, figured it was in the best interest of the forum to try and start this thread back up

FAQ:

Q:"What Is Slenderman?"

A:Slenderman is a tall, gangly, human-like creature that stalks and kidnaps children. He is often seen wearing a black suit, white shirt, black pants, and a tie.

People that come into close contact with him usually black out and can't remember anything for long periods of time.

It is also important to note that whenever he is around electronic equpiment (say a video camera) he causes disortions

Q:"How Did He Come About?"

A: Slenderman was originally created during a Something Awful photoshop contest in 2006
slender3.jpg
And then he just grew from there, even becoming the posterchild for 4chan's Paranormal board.

If you wish to know more about the mysterious being in black, consult the Slenderman Mythos PDF

~*~*SLENDERMAN DOCUMENTATION VIDEOS*~*~

-Marble Hornets~ The most well known of all the documentation series. Follows Jay as he trys to uncover what happened to his friend Alex while he was working on his student film "Marble Hornets".

-Totheark~ a companion piece to "Marble Hornets". This youtube account is maintained by a stalker of Jay's. What he truely wants is anybody's guess.

-Everyman Hybrid~ A series of "fitness freak on a budget" videos that quickly turns sour when Evan is handed a small white doll by a little girl.

-Wicked Sticky Alex~ a companion piece to "Everyman Hybrid", follows Jeff's (the cameraman from Everyman Hybrid) little brother Alex as he's attacked by something lurking in the crawl space of his closet.

-Tribe Twelve~ Follows Noah as he trys to find out what drove his slightly paranoid cousin Milo to kill himself.

-Anderson Journals~ The series follows Michael, a recently discharged patient from the hospital, who under orders from his doctor, makes a video journal in order so the doctor can keep tabs on him when he's away. (Added by B Samurai)

-Outstretched Foes~ A guy has his entire hard drive corrputed and when he finally manages to get his computer working again, the desktop displays a single eerie .avi file

-Jonclubs113~John keeps having someone break into his room, messing with his material posessions. To catch the crook, he sets up his trusty video camera and logs what occurs

-Closet Atrium~ Kurt (much like John from Jonclubs113) keeps having someone sneak into his room, messing with posessions, which is odd considering that Kurt is the only one with a key to his room. In order to find out who's behind all this, he sets up a video camera and logs the occurances

-Dark Harvest00~ Chris is becoming extremely concerned, there are noises in his house and doors and windows that keep randomly closing and locking. Someone is watching him

-KindVonDerRitter~A companion piece to "DarkHarvest00". Chris's stalker video channel.

Last edited:

CPS

I'm really into both Marblehornets and everymanHYBRID at the moment. Hybrid doesn't deliver the emotion that I would like, and Marblehornets is a bit slow, but together they even out.

I'm more of a fan of EverymanHYBRID, because I can relate to the characters more. We hear them talk, interact, and just all around be themselves in this crazy situation that they have going on, as opposed to J who just runs around and films stuff. Even during the recent interaction between Jessica and J, I feel like we don't know him, other than he's Alex's friend. Characterization is a big thing for me.

But I am loving the suspense that's pulling MH along. While it is being quite slow, the recent entry just had me pulling hair, waiting for something to drop down, or Slendy to just pop around the corner.

Also, I'd like to bring attention to another Slenderman series, Anderson Journals. The series follows Michael, a recently discharged patient from the hospital, who under orders from his doctor, makes a video journal in order so the doctor can keep tabs on him when he's away. Micheal mainly talks about his sleeping problems, and often cites the weird dreams he has when he actually does sleep. But as the series progresses, it becomes apparent that someone is stalking him, and these off sleeping patterns might be caused by something of the super natural.

With a run of only five episodes so far, I find this one to be a great entry in the ongoing Slenderman ARGs that Marble Hornets has spawned. There's only one central character, who we see all of the time, and he shares only his thoughts and feelings, as opposed to focusing on multiple characters.

Also, I'd like to bring attention to another Slenderman series, Anderson Journals. The series follows Michael, a recently discharged patient from the hospital, who under orders from his doctor, makes a video journal in order so the doctor can keep tabs on him when he's away. Micheal mainly talks about his sleeping problems, and often cites the weird dreams he has when he actually does sleep. But as the series progresses, it becomes apparent that someone is stalking him, and these off sleeping patterns might be caused by something of the super natural.

With a run of only five episodes so far, I find this one to be a great entry in the ongoing Slenderman ARGs that Marble Hornets has spawned. There's only one central character, who we see all of the time, and he shares only his thoughts and feelings, as opposed to focusing on multiple characters.

Noted and added to the Slenderman Documentation Videos List :thumbs:

Also added Outstretched Foes, Jonclubs113, and Closet Atrium

Last edited:
Entry #35 Is Up

And my god is it full to the brim with surprises

How do you guys watch this stuff! I couldn't sleep at night if I did! The only one I was able to watch was Concrete Giraffes!

You failed to mention Slenderman's theme song

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N0wPdfArGy4"]YouTube - Slenderman's Theme Song on Every Marble Hornets Video[/ame]

I for one feel EverymanHybrid is more like a joke than something legitimately scary. Their advice in their normal entries are just plain retarded and their Slenderman parts are just so empty and random. Its cool that they fought Slenderman though. Someone seriously needs to tell those fags how to fight and exercise properly before they decide to give advice on them.

CPS

Jay & Alex vs. Tim the Totheark...that was awesome.

Towards the end of the last entry, Jay said that he had trouble with the video camera getting to play the last little bit of footage that was left on the tape.

The video below is the recovered footage

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O6p-8Lu-Hm8"]Marble Hornets Entry #36[/ame]

Fighting evil makes me thirsty
Never heard of these before, but it's pretty freaky stuff. I've started the Marble Hornets and I'll watch a few of the others as well. Thanks for posting them!