Just a passing through RP'er
Honestly, I have absolutely no idea who's right or wrong in this. I mean, the Empire provided some measure of peace and order at first but after the White-Gold Concordat (the Anti-Talos treaty) was kind of a bad move. The Emperor just made the decision on his own without informing the Jarls of the decision. But on the other hand, the whole "Skyrim for the Nords only" law for the Stormcloaks jus seriously leaves a bad taste in my mouth. If anyone looks or talks around in Whiterun and throughout some of Skyrim you'll know what I mean.

So, which one should players be rooting for? The Legion or the Rebels? Personally, I would rather just stay neutral. I don't really like either of them.

Banned
I'm in the neutral camp, too. Never really bothered with either side.

And by doing so you missed out on a HUGE chunk of kick ass story.

Ulfric Stormcloak is an ass. He is also a racist. I went with the Imperials. There is no right or wrong here. Just what you think. And I mean hey, pick one side and if you don't like it then when you replay skyrim.. pick the other side.

As a heads up, there are things locked to you unless you pick a side.

Both sides suck. At least from the bits I've played on both sides.

If I could, I'd would side with Imperials first, defeat the Stormcloaks, and then betray the Imperials and then RULE THE LAND!!! :169:

Wait. Why isn't that an option? :(

Banned
Both sides suck. At least from the bits I've played on both sides.

If I could, I'd would side with Imperials first, defeat the Stormcloaks, and then betray the Imperials and then RULE THE LAND!!! :169:

Wait. Why isn't that an option? :(

I would love to do that. Then you get the power to put who ever you want on the Throne. I say Lydia for High King.

It's Judgement Time!
I sided with Imperials. They ultimately are the good guys. They are maintaining peace. Talos is outlawed because hes not a god, he's just a guy the people worship and its wrong to pray to just a normal man who has died.
According to their mythos anyway. Though it is true you can get a blessing of Talos.

Ulfric is just insufferably racist though and pretty much plays up the villain aspect. Imperials dont really act as villainous. They may act boorish toward the Nords and their beliefs but they arent straight up racist about it.

Banned
I sided with Imperials. They ultimately are the good guys. They are maintaining peace. Talos is outlawed because hes not a god, he's just a guy the people worship and its wrong to pray to just a normal man who has died.
According to their mythos anyway. Though it is true you can get a blessing of Talos.

Ulfric is just insufferably racist though and pretty much plays up the villain aspect. Imperials dont really act as villainous. They may act boorish toward the Nords and their beliefs but they arent straight up racist about it.

In one of my games I made a dark elf. When it came time to kill Ulfric, I did so with pleasure.

Just a passing through RP'er
To be quite honest, if someone manages to make a mod/DLC where YOU become the new High King then they can take all of my money. Or alternatively if you can somehow make a Thalmor invasion DLC where you have to fight off dozens of Thalmor soldiers. They were the one who ultimately started it after all.

Tyrannosaurus!
Having played both sides I'd say Imperial.

The Cloaks come off a bit too racist and bloodthristy for my tastes.