Who have you guys converted to our little sect of Toku-ism?

I sort of converted myself, personally. PR fan, found out about Sentai, got a couple clips and openings when I was like 15...got back into it around November and went nuts once I found out about TV-Nihon, now a die-hard fan. But what about other people?

I talk up Kamen Rider whenever I have chances to do so without seeming stupid (and I have non-geek credit with my friends, so a lot of them even pay attention).

My girlfriend used to watch Sailor Moon when she was little (the dubbed US cartoon) and so when I told her there was a live-action Sailor Moon she was like "Seriously? Now I'm curious."

Now I think if I try to watch even one episode without her, she will pout, whine, and probably kick my ass. o_O But next I'll probably make her watch Magi (she likes cute, funny things) and then maybe KR 555, because I have the entire series handy.

I'm going to loan one of my friends KR 555 because she watches anime and she watches japanese dramas, so a combination of the two isn't so outlandish, and a friend of mine who's a PR fan keeps pestering me now to tell him when the next Magi ep is out.

How about you guys? Not like it's our responsibility as toku fans, but I'm just curious to see what some of us have done to get others to appreciate our pride and joy ;)

i think most of us have converted ourselves somehow in the way of Toku. start of with PR, learn about Sentai, then you find out that all of Saban's other shows were different Toku then it just kinda sucks you in after that.

anyway, i find it really hard to just get people to watch. to many comparisons to PR even if you show them KR. i've got a whole lotta anime friends and alot of them like Cyborg 009 and Kikaider and i point out to them they're all from the same creator and they just scoff at me. they wont take it serious b/c it's live action. that would be a big reason to take it serious imo.

It's Judgement Time!
yeah I converted myself but I still enjoy PR. I try to get my friends into Rider and Sentai though. They arent really into it, sadly.

I started with toku, discovered PR later :D...converted couple of my friends to watch toku.

Mad Skillz
I started with Jetman....sorta. I saw it when I was four didn't know what it was. But I guess Kamen Rider ZO was what started it for me...no subs though XD That was back in 02' Then I started giving people I knew various Sentai and KR tapes I had, and a few of the old metal hero ones...Twas' fun converting them XD

Last edited:
I am the law
KR Garren said:
i think most of us have converted ourselves somehow in the way of Toku. start of with PR, learn about Sentai, then you find out that all of Saban's other shows were different Toku then it just kinda sucks you in after that.
That is EXACTLY what happened to me. Found out about Sentai around GaoRanger (been into PR off and on since the beginning) and been hooked (and then later on Kamen Rider) ever since..

I also converted my buddy that owns the Import Shop that I go to. He had known about Kamen Rider & Sentai. But then I made him watch KR: Faiz, and he TOTALLY fell in love with it (even bought the Faiz PS2 game for himself and some of the toys :eplus2: ), and now I'm trying to get him hooked on Blade as well.

-RF

Japan Hero's very own, Dr. Kain.

I met him over at ToonZone and pointed him in the direction of som Kamen Rider Ryuki. The rest is history. :cool:

Eye See You
Got into it myself from Power Rangers. I stayed with Power Rangers because Tommy OWNED... So really it's all thanks to Dr.O.