Similarities between Daimajin Kanon and Hibiki: Shinji Oiishi trademark?

Hi
I've been watching Daimajin Kanon (halfway now) and what I've been finding pretty striking is how that show is similar to Hibiki (I hate calling the show Kamen Rider Hibiki), which isn't very surprising given they share the same head writer, Shinji Oiishi:
- Both series have a protagonist who, at frst, isn't involved with the supernatural part of the show (Adachi Asumu and Misaki Kanon); and one of the main theme of the series is showing us that character grow up, especially after meeting and being involved with the group who fight the monsters; and both characters have suffered a music related disappointement.
- Music is a central theme of both series (the Oni fight the Makaou suing music instruments, and the prayer song is necessary to call Bujin-sama)
- The interactions between the Takeshi groups (where the Oni work) of Hibiki and the Onbake group of Daimajin Kanon are pretty similar, with them having a food related shop being their HQ

Moreover, I feel that even in the writing there is really a similar touch, likely related by the fact they have that same headwriter, with a pretty slow paced storytelling, but really meaningful at the same time.
Your thoughts?

I remember seeing a previous post in one of the HJU threads (I think by Lynxara but I'm not sure) that mentioned that the writers have said Kanon is based on what they had intended to do with the rest of Hibiki had they not being kicked off it.

Nice post!!
Yeah, Daimajin Kanon is almost the entire Hibiki principle production staff, and even a lot of suit actors get re-used. I don't think it's about what they intended to do with Hibiki, so much as how they felt about the Hibiki Screwjob and how they coped with losing their show.