Shuriken Sentai Ninninger, Shinobi 40: "The Dangerous Santa Claus!"

1_1.jpg

Oh hey, Toei dug that same Christmas tree out yet again.

This week, casual allegations of spousal abuse in the Kibaoni household, the return of Super StarNinger, shenanigans with a lie detector, and (maybe) a big reveal.

Lurker
I'm surprised that they continued to show Kasumi's frustration from her defeat by Mangetsu last week. This could be the beginning of their rival instead of letting Takaharu handle Mangetsu. The final scene is intriguing as Kyuuemon said he is "Kibaoni ..." I wonder if it means he is actually a member of the Kibaoni clan or something else

Given this was likely filmed in November, it was probably quite cold in that costume..

I thought it was nice character development with Kasumi and the others.

So now we know what Kinji's strange behaviour was about. It seems he didn't feel at ease with having relied on Kyuuemon's plots to resolve his issues, so he sought to take down Kyuuemon by himself?

Ooh, and the reveal at the end there with the lie detector...my theory is that he's a descendent of a previous child of Kibaoni Gengetsu.

Mangetsu's voice actor
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ryōtarō_Okiayu

Shining~
- What a coincidence, 6 shurikens with the same colors as them :laugh:

- lol Tsugomori facepalm :laugh:

- Takaharu remembering about what happened last time doesn't feel like him at all lol

- Nice that the slow motion work xD

- So Kinji finally confess

- I noticed the blanket are all colored the same as the Ninningers :laugh:

- the metal pan almost hit the camera, I'm sure about that xD

- I love the henshin this time, no stock footage. And the finisher scene with everyone trying to avoid the sword xD

- The Shurikenjin theme with all the old Ninja Allies, awesome~

- The ending does imply Kyuuemon is a Kibaoni.....but who he actually is?

- The ending does imply Kyuuemon is a Kibaoni.....but who he actually is?
I don't know if it was intended as a hint or simply just the way the translators went, but I couldn't help noticing how Mangetsu mentioned he was "the eldest son" of Kibaoni, rather than simply saying 'son' or 'only child'. I don't know if that means we're going to get a "well actually..." moment. Or maybe Kyuuemon's been pulling a 'Prince Igam' and has actually been the same gender as his voice actor all along? :laugh: