Shuriken Sentai Ninninger, Shinobi 34: "The World Famous Ninja Jiraiya Arrives!"

Ninnin3401.jpg

And here I was thinking I'd get treated with a little respect during my "tribute" episode...

Fresh from his return to toku as, erm, "guy who gets murdered" in Dekaranger 10 Years After, Tsutsui Takumi reprises his role as Jiraiya! And as we all know, he wasn't the only special guest star in this episode; Yes, Kusaka Hideaki, the suit actor who played (amongst many roles) Doggie Kruger, Ninja Man and Wolzard also has a rare visible role as one of the ninja officials!

[HIDE]
Also people are saying something about spotting a blue Yoshi in the background?
images
[/HIDE]

It's been a long while since I actually watch Ninninger, stopped at episode 11. Seems something has change at least: Takaharu is not annoying (at least in this episode). And I find this episode to be rather enjoyable, despite me never have watch Jiraiya - only a few clips - but I really wanted to...I couldn't find any English subs.

Also, no caveman strength for you today, Koda xD

CRETINS! ALL OF THEM!
It's been a long while since I actually watch Ninninger, stopped at episode 11. Seems something has change at least: Takaharu is not annoying (at least in this episode). And I find this episode to be rather enjoyable, despite me never have watch Jiraiya - only a few clips - but I really wanted to...I couldn't find any English subs.

Also, no caveman strength for you today, Koda xD

Yeah I watched this ep (and last ep thinking it was the one with Yoshi) and... I don't feel like I missed much plot and the villains still don't interest me...but I did have fun watching!

I feel like if I had watched Jiraiya, I would have been losing my **** this episode. The original soundtrack cues, the recreation of the opening, the callbacks. This is how you do a tribute episode. I think Kento Shimoyama could handle a Gokaiger-esque series pretty well.

Would like to change his avatar
This is how you do a tribute episode. I think Kento Shimoyama could handle a Gokaiger-esque series pretty well.

Don't say that! Shimoyama is a terrible writer. This episode was a stinker, and an embarrassing return for the Jiraiya character. Part of the charm of the character of Touha in his show is that he was the first teen Metal Hero; he could be goofy, but was never stupid. But because hanging around the Ninninger automatically makes everyone stupid, they made him look like a dumb-dumb in this episode and it sucked.

Yeah, it's nice to hear the old soundtrack and the recreations of the credits and an update of the effects scenes, but...that shouldn't be where the only effort goes. Write a cool, fun, GOOD storyline. Shimoyama stinks, and all of the things you attributed to this episode being a success had nothing to do with the script or the writing, it was all on the director's part. Keep Shimoyama away.

Touha was a teen?? Huh, it's been a while since I've watched Jiraiya (raw) but I assumed he was in his early 20s.

Don't say that! Shimoyama is a terrible writer. This episode was a stinker, and an embarrassing return for the Jiraiya character. Part of the charm of the character of Touha in his show is that he was the first teen Metal Hero; he could be goofy, but was never stupid. But because hanging around the Ninninger automatically makes everyone stupid, they made him look like a dumb-dumb in this episode and it sucked.

Yeah, it's nice to hear the old soundtrack and the recreations of the credits and an update of the effects scenes, but...that shouldn't be where the only effort goes. Write a cool, fun, GOOD storyline. Shimoyama stinks, and all of the things you attributed to this episode being a success had nothing to do with the script or the writing, it was all on the director's part. Keep Shimoyama away.

I have no idea where you got the idea that he was stupid. I found him perfectly competent. Yeah, having him fight the Ninningers was forced but it was resolved quickly when he recognized the ninja-style.

Shining~
- Well, that was a really short cameo from Yoshi, as I expected.

- lol @ the Karaage joke act :laugh:

- hmm, 6 Sealing Shurikens? How many are there right now? :sweat:

- Also, finally a monster made from everyday object again, yay~

- Kinji is taking photo - it's not selfies, but it's okay, at least they didn't completely forget about his taking youkai photo habit.

- lol, Fuuka scoring a critical hit on Kasumi :laugh:

- For a bulky monster made from dumbbells, Konaki-Jiji is really fast.

- .......the Transcendence form's return could have been saved for next episode, and it won't change a thing. Seriously, it doesn't need to be on this episode......

- IMO, the mecha battle finisher should have been something special with Jirai-shin afterimage, instead of another Grand Fever.

- And I love all the Jiraiya stuff in this episode. Brings back memories of the show when it aired in my country :D

Blue Dino Charge and the World Ninja...that's probably the only N******er Ranger episode I've seen since the premiere.