Shuriken Sentai Ninninger Shinobi 26: "Summertime! The Last Ninja Race Midway Report"

Chozetsu_Ultraman.jpg
So here's pretty much the only reason you'll want to watch this episode

What could be better than a clip show? A clip show that shows you every single time Yakumo has said "easy"! What could possibly beat that? The threat promise that at some point we'll get to see another totally original monster that is in no way a slight repaint of a previous one. <cough>

So does anyone else realize that This episode marks the second time that a ranger has become giant.
The first was in episode Twenty of Zyuranger when Burai was enlarged to fight Daijyuzin, and that was over twenty years ago.
I am not counting when the rangers become zords like in Magiranger.
Don't know why this isn't used more often, though I guess they want to avoid being like Ultraman.

I am just glad that Taka becoming giant is not his new ability, but rather an incident. Hopefully not repeatable.
So it's pretty much assumed that Kasumi is the ninja, taka is the brute, Yakumo is the mage, Nagi is the rogue, and Fuuka is the cleric?

Except Taka Becoming Giant Robot The episode was not so good .Looking Forward To Ep 27 with kinji confronting his family's murderer

Lurker
I thought that this episode was enjoyable for a clip show. It was hilarious and the Ultraman reference was awesome, I thought Takaharu would perform Ultraman's beam attack. Next week looks promising, hope Kinji won't be the only one to use Chouzetsu aside from Takaharu

Let me recap of what happened:
  • A clip show in middle of the series.
  • A pointless ranking system for "Last Ninja" race
  • A dumb quiz show (who the hell cares about how many time Yakumo said "Easy/EZ")
  • An Ultraman joke (...hahaha very funny :rolleyes2:)

Really Toei? How desperate are you?
The last one was just ridiculous; though I admit, it was kind of cute and nice to see AkaNinger Chozetsu standing next to Shinobimaru (which reminds me of Kakuranger episode, where 3 Saruder (Red, God, and Battle) lined up).
When you have to resort on using Ultraman joke that used on Akibaranger S2 (which was handled much better IMO), you know they have no confidence and being desperate.
I guess show is really doing poorly in Japan. :laugh:

Last edited:
Don't know why this isn't used more often, though I guess they want to avoid being like Ultraman.
It's used a bit more often by extra heroes - Ninjaman, Zubaan etc. But I guess with giant robots already there it's a bit redundant, and Ultraman is the daddy of TV henshin heroes so comparisons would be inevitable.
A clip show in middle of the series.
The start and end of a series usually have the best ratings, with temporary boosts for big plot (toy introduction) episodes. But in general mid-series is the time when fewest people tune in. If they really need to save some time/money to devote to another episode by doing a clip show, now would be the time for them to do it.
A dumb quiz show (who the hell cares about how many time Yakumo said "Easy/EX")
Eh, I think they're sending up Japanese variety shows? I thought it was an OK somewhat self-aware gag.
When you have to resort on using Ultraman joke that used on Akibaranger S2 (which was handled much better IMO), you know they have no confidence and being desperate.
I thought it was weirdly appropriate seeing as this week's Ultraman had a guest appearance from an ex-Rider actor ('The First' version of Ichigo). We just needed Drive to reference Sentai to complete the circle :disappoin

But yeah I don't see why making one nod to another franchise is desperate? It wasn't even used for jokes like Akiba2 did. It was just them doing something a bit different in what would otherwise have been a throw-away episode. It's showing some effort was still going in. And now they have more money to spend on the next episode which looks like a "plot" one.

We just needed Drive to reference Sentai to complete the circle :disappoin

I don't see how that's going to happen with last 4~5 episodes; unless, final battle involves giant mecha fight, where Banno/Gold Drive, creates giant robot to terrorize the city, and new robot (not car!) will be made to assist Drive, Mach, and Chase. lol :laugh:

I don't see how that's going to happen with last 4~5 episodes; unless, final battle involves giant mecha fight, where Banno/Gold Drive, creates giant robot to terrorize the city, and new robot (not car!) will be made to assist Drive, Mach, and Chase. lol :laugh:
Well too late now; I meant it would have been cool if the stars had alligned and they'd all done references in the same week. Even just Krim in his Shift Car mecha form mentioning ninjas or the Riders doing the Carranger roll call pose again. Alas.

Shining~
- So according to Mataneko, Nekomata is......"the older brother of my second cousin's friend"? :laugh:

- The Ninningers are obviously referencing their own movie lol

- I love how Mataneko is spot-on with his judgement for each Ningers :laugh:

- Nagi is so cheating, using shurikens with the same shape for his question :laugh:

- I like how eventually Taka has to be restricted by two person during Fuuka's quiz :sweat:

- And of course it's Kasumi AGAIN that saves the day.

- The Ultraman reference is a hilarious sight xD It seems the Swelling Corpulence is capable of enlarging just about anything, Youkai or not.

- ....there will be a THIRD Nekomata? What next, Tamaneko? :laugh:

So it's pretty much assumed that Kasumi is the ninja, taka is the brute, Yakumo is the mage, Nagi is the rogue, and Fuuka is the cleric?

Sounds perfect for the next dungeon raid, lol