Shuriken Sentai Ninninger, Shinobi 25: "Summertime! Watch Out for Dracula!"

Ninnin2501.jpg

Yup, one of those episodes

Ninnin2502.jpg

What is the big deal with kabe-don?

This week... an episode about one of the other rangers that doesn't twist into being all about how great Takaharu is! Also, bad disguises, vampires sucking blood life-force, a Japanese show admitting for once that it's fine not to have a dream, a female ranger getting a male civilian out of danger for a change, and a TV producer wearing a bright red ball-gag.

True. Not a Takaharu is so strong or a Kasumi is the best ninja episode. It almost turned into a Kinji is great episode but Kinji's contributions were quite subtly portrayed (mostly because, if given the chance Fuuka is just as much an attention grabber as Takaharu is.)

The scenes where Fuuka realized that everyone was right there were outright hilarious. Especially Yakumo's running gag.

Shining~
- Never thought I would see Fuuka's two friends showing up again. That's actually nice.

- Fuuka's two friends are strangely too happy about their friend suddenly gets to meet THEIR idol while they aren't given the same chance. A normal fangirl would've complained to that old man lol

- lol "KYOEI" :laugh:

- Yakumo and Nagi are literally into it throughout the episode :laugh:

- So, how many times they have done kabe-don in this series so far? I know kabe-don is popular in Japan, but this is way more than any other Sentai series has done :sweat:

- I really like the way they build up the twist in this episode.

- KINJI IS MAKING HIS SELFIE AGAIN!! So they do remember his gimmick.......that or someone complained to them about the lack of selfie :laugh:

- Finally, that big shuriken finisher actually finished something.

- And yeah, like everyone else, I like how this isn't a "Takaharu/Kasumi episode" at all. Absolutely no spotlight hogging from Takaharu, and not even a single "I'm fired uppppp" at all in this episode! And Kasumi actually fell into a trap for once!

Last edited:
- So, how many times they have done kabe-don in this series so far? I know kabe-don is popular in Japan, but this is way more than any other Sentai series has done :sweat:
I was talking on twitter about this. It was suggested that Ninnin's parodying it, but to me (as someone who admittedly doesn't watch the kinds of show kabe-don normally appears in) it seems to be done fairly straight. So unless the joke is "this isn't the genre/audience the trope is aimed at!" I don't see how it's being used for humour. It's more like kabe-don seems to have reached meme levels of saturation/awareness and they decided to jump on a bandwagon they don't really understand and throw it something that's currently popular.