Shuriken Sentai Ninninger, Shinobi 22: "Super Combination! Ha-Oh Shurikenjin!"

ninnin.jpg

The all new ninja tank chair; comes with two hair dryer attachments for all your styling needs!
Please ignore the dismembered corpse of Bison King hanging from the back
ಠ_ಠ​

This week, weaponsmith Saika Tetsunosuke sends the team a new shuriken to allow them to combine their mecha together. However the combination fails because Shishi-Oh has realised that AoNinger and StarNinger are boring characters. And so continues another episode theoretically about someone other than Takaharu that is nevertheless all about telling us how wonderful he is.

At least the engaged couple are very cute in the background at the end. :sweat:

Last edited:
Err, you'd have to give me an example of an episode that was "garbage" and an episode that wasn't for me to compare. A lot of the episode is a big tease about how blue and star might be able to obtain transcendant forms just like red did (i.e. totally will do but not until the figures hit toy stores).

I do wonder whether this mech even is someone in a suit? It's not really humanoid any more, it rolls on tank tracks, and the arms don't move at all (and seem so wide and far from the body that I can't imagine a suit actor would actually be able to put their own arms into them). The only motion it makes are the "piloting" motions made by Shurikenjin (sadly Shinobimaru seems to be static now - it would have been cool to see them both piloting) that I assume are puppetry. There doesn't appear to be anything for a suit actor to do with/in it.

The opening part with the failed usage of the shuriken was hilarious!

Err, you'd have to give me an example of an episode that was "garbage" and an episode that wasn't for me to compare. A lot of the episode is a big tease about how blue and star might be able to obtain transcendant forms just like red did (i.e. totally will do but not until the figures hit toy stores).

I.E. We've already written a story for them to get Transcendence but oops the toys and suits aren't ready yet.

And I know that it was pointed out the last episode, but I finally got sexy Murrue Ramius/Rinko Iori's voice from Ariake this episode. I know her more from that since I'm not familiar with PGSM VAs.

I.E. We've already written a story for them to get Transcendence but oops the toys and suits aren't ready yet.
Or alternatively, we're going to have some build up to our power-ups instead of just throwing them in out of the blue. We'll have to wait and see.
And I know that it was pointed out the last episode, but I finally got sexy Murrue Ramius/Rinko Iori's voice from Ariake this episode. I know her more from that since I'm not familiar with PGSM VAs.
Eh, the voice she's using here doesn't sound like Sailor Moon/Usagi anyway. It's deeper and more like an adult. Usagi is much more high pitched. If I hadn't read that it was her doing the voice I wouldn't have guessed.

Heh, that makes sense. The only PGSM I've seen is Tagalog-dubbed.

Anyway, at the very least, it didn't turn out to be a generic suit reveal episode, but I really felt they were building up to it during the episode. I'm thinking that subverting it MAY be intention, but at the last few minutes I just couldn't help but wish them to transform.

But then again, the episode started out subverting the new mecha trope, too, so maybe I was looking for nothing.

It's like the mecha is trying to emulate GaoGaiGar or Gurren Lagann (mecha inside a mecha inside a mecha) but forgets that those things, however implausible, could still move (probably because they were anime but still, those designs were done in animation for a reason). Shurinkenjin Ha-Oh is nothing short of a mess.

D

Dr Kain

Well, at least we finally got some focus on the other rangers.

However, that mech is just awful looking. And what happened to bringing out the big mecha when they were in dire straits? There was no reason for it to be used here because they weren't even losing. Hell, the battle didn't even actually start and they go for full auto upgrade.

Lastly, I can not stand the new general. God I hope she dies quickly.