10401949_967605783252139_5017148077138896119_n.jpg

After their first encounter with the Yokai Army, the five Ninningers begin training at their new Ninja Dojo. However, Takaharu clashes with Yakumo, who's attitude has worn thin.​

Why are we going back to that format? IIRC we haven't done that since Fourze because Keith requested that we do individual episode threads instead for the current shows.

Lurker
My guess is that it now takes a while for people to make these individual threads (Or no one does at all), and it's just easier to have a giant go to thread to talk.
Plus the individual threads don't yield as much activity anymore.
Just my 2 cents though.

Does it really take that long to click "new thread" and copy and paste an episode summary in? Anyone can do it. Well whatever, hopefully it doesn't end up like the mayhem that was the Garo season 3 thread where the people who watched raws kept dropping spoiler-filled posts in and pissing off the people who wait for the subs. :sweat:

S

scikaiju

Since to my knowledge there has been no discussion with in the staff, as far as I know, about it we're not dropping the individual episode threads. And since we don;t know what kind of thread reaction Ninninjer is going to have lomg term it's a bit premature to talk about consolidating them into one thread.

MV Maker
For the sake of getting this thread going, I'm just gonna repost what I said in the overall discussion:

Just watched ep 2 and so far this show is a resounding "okay." The characters are all "okay" (though I'm really not a fan of Pink's acting), the fights are mostly "okay" (with some cool bits, I'll admit), and the story so far is mostly just "okay." The thing that really sets this apart so far is the comedy. The jokes aren't especially funny, but like I said before, the fact that they come from the situations and are not shoehorned in at the expense of the characters is a huge plus.

CRETINS! ALL OF THEM!
Really loving the Shurikenjin Drago suit, it's really cool to see it in movement!

Gamma Gamma Gamma Gamma Bang Bang Bang!!! I already know that's going to end up being my ringtone at some point. :sweat:

I think there were more plusses than negatives from episode two. I like that they allowed each ranger to access all the elemental powers rather than just assigning them one each (blue uses fire? that's actually a rarity). The 'in-situ' henshin was cool (I hope they don't do them a lot initially then phase them out as ToQger did). White pulling out the old scarecrow replacement technique, plus the intro featuring them flying on kites were all nice 'ninja-y' touches. Shurikenjin Drago looked better on-screen than in the toy catalogs too - the wings are bigger and the head smaller so everything seems more in proportion.

I kinda like the pink ranger so far. They seem to be pushing towards more of the motherly/big sister type with her, which is not automatically better or makes them any less of a stereotype, but is at least a different flavour from most pinks. I buy it from this actress a bit more than I did with ToQ #3, maybe because the others act like they look up to her rather than just telling us that they do. And if all else fails, she's really good at doing the 'cute puppy eyes' thing.

On the flip side, I'm really not keen on the blue ranger yet. He's a bit too far at the 'pointlessly dickish' end of the scale for me, and the actor isn't bursting with charisma either. I'm hoping that, like many Sentai actors before him, the staff will discover what he's good at and start writing the character to play to his strengths. I don't think red has entirely got to grips with his character yet either but with luck that will change with time (again, like many actors playing the red before him). I also hope that they both ease off on the catchphrases a little. Normally I have no objection to them, but at the moment they don't fit the characters. Daigo was at least enthusiastic when he called things Brave! while this pair seem very half-hearted when they insist that everything is hot or easy.

I agree with all that. Red and Blue are relatively bad actors at the moment, at least compared to previous Red and Blues at the start of the series. I hope it's not really bad casting because I love the girls so far. So far, Red really lacks the enthusiasm that's needed for the role. Heck, Red Buster had more charisma at this point.