Shuriken Sentai Ninninger, Shinobi 19: "Find The Flying Ninja Ally!"

OK, so we're nearly ready to introduce the new Sentai toy, Lionmaru...
We can't call it Lionmaru.
What? Why not?
It's the name of another company's henshin hero.
Oh...OK. To hell with naming conventions. So how are we gonna make it seem cool?
Well the last time we had to make a red lion mecha seem cool we got that guy...

[video=youtube;fqkzAC9YFss]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fqkzAC9YFss[/video]​

You guys are way too reliant on your ninja swords and your OtomoNin.

So here's some new ninja swords and a new OtomoNin.

*sigh*

Shining~
You guys are way too reliant on your ninja swords and your OtomoNin.

So here's some new ninja swords and a new OtomoNin.

*sigh*

Well, to be fair, the one who gave the fixed swords and shurikens, wasn't the same person who said they are too reliant on their Ninja #1 Swords and Ninja Ally.

Shishio is the one who said they are too reliant on their gears, but it was the smith boy who fixed their gears.

anyway, Lion Ha-Oh is a.......flying tank castle lion? I want to know what the Last Ninja was thinking when he made this one :sweat:

Also, why is it that this one has a spirit, but other Ninja Allies did not seem to have any?

And........turns out Kinji ordered Rodeomaru via the internet, basically the equivalent of buying a toy via online shop :laugh:

Well, to be fair, the one who gave the fixed swords and shurikens, wasn't the same person who said they are too reliant on their Ninja #1 Swords and Ninja Ally.

Shishio is the one who said they are too reliant on their gears, but it was the smith boy who fixed their gears.

Yeah, but that ruins any chance of the Ninningers actually learning something and growing as ninjas. Instead, they're given new toys to beat up the bad guys.

^ Silly rabbit, that's standard fare for most Toei shows this past decade or so. Granted, I'm one of those who does admittedly find a show with just one robot (especially a robot that doesn't have many abilities) boring, but the series went overboard in the other direction a long time ago in that respect.

Also, why a lion for the bajillionth time? Why not a bear? That would go with a "Japan" theme more than a lion, I would think, as bears (I believe) actually exist in Japan. Plus the franchise has been severely lacking in bears. And bovines. And porcines. And frogs. Heck, amphibians in general.

Also, why a lion for the bajillionth time? Why not a bear? That would go with a "Japan" theme more than a lion, I would think, as bears (I believe) actually exist in Japan. Plus the franchise has been severely lacking in bears. And bovines. And porcines. And frogs. Heck, amphibians in general.
A mountain of cultural baggage telling people that lions are awesome. Besides, if your four then your only memory of lions in Sentai is as part of the movie-only safari ressha.

Personally I'd have quite liked them to have gotten a big blue frog mecha that becomes a gun for Shurikenjin. :sweat:

Aren't Japanese salamanders revered to some degree also? We've never seen a salamander mecha.

anyway, Lion Ha-Oh is a.......flying tank castle lion? I want to know what the Last Ninja was thinking when he made this one :sweat:
Ah, but he wasn't, because he didn't! If you caught it, in this episode they retconned that silly old "Last Ninja made the ninja allies thing" and turned it into this machinesmith (or in this case, this machinesmith's father) made them.

They're not even really trying to hide that they're doing this stuff so much as it seems like they hope people have forgotten the other thing they said by the time these air.

At least... that's how it sounded anyway? Maybe I misheard that, since they did at least do that much with Kinji.

Last edited: