Shuriken Sentai Ninninger, Shinobi 15: "Youkai, I don't make mistakes"

Ninnin1503.jpg

Momoninger: Secret Boss

Also, is it just me or did they throw in a reference to Princess PreCure?

1) So Last Shuriken is probably a super macguffin that can do anything and the reason why Kyuemon and Kinji desire it.

2) Kasumi will probably have a similar role to Kaoru Shiba in that she will probably get Last Ninja title temporarily so that Red can prove himself worthy.

Lurker
It's always great to see Shinobimaru vs Rodeomaru, they create epic battles. Once again, Kasumi is awesome as always, what she did to the Youkai was a little bit cruel though

That may be because the voice actress for Futakuchi-onna is Sawashiro Miyuki, who also voices a character in Go Princess PreCure.

I like the pun in the title of the episode(youkai and ryoukai)

Last edited:
Yeah, it was a bit cruel, but that youkai did enough damage already.

Well, there's that flaw in Kasumi's character: She's quite the sadist when someone gets to her bad side (which in fairness is rarely), and is also quite competitive to boot.

I wonder if Yakumo and Nagi have had first had experience of it.

The new Tendou Souji
2) Kasumi will probably have a similar role to Kaoru Shiba in that she will probably get Last Ninja title temporarily so that Red can prove himself worthy.

Takeru's story had nothing to do with him not being worthy, though?

Tagged for the like, 2 people who haven't seen Shinkenger yet:
[hide]He was the protector of Kaoru until she was able to master the Sealing Character, then his plot was to be done until she adopted him into the family. The only one who thought he wasn't worthy was Takeru himself, when he decided to be all depressed and moopy.[/hide]

Shining~
- Poor Kinji still can't hide without being easily noticed by the Igasaki family :laugh:

- This entire episode won't happen had Kinji returned to the city alongside Rodeomaru instead of going on his own :sweat:

- Although it's obvious the Youkai was made using a pair of glasses, I still find it weird they don't show a scene of Masakage creating it. Where did he got the glasses from, anyway?

- People are saying what Kasumi did is a little cruel.......meanwhile, Fuuka & Nagi destroyed a Gashadokuro by shooting it point-blank in the mouth. With a three-pronged energy gun.

- Do they really have to call everything as a Shuriken Ninpo? Calling "giving motivation" as a Shuriken Ninpo doesn't even sounds funny nor makes any sense, so I don't know what are the people in charge of the dialogues is aiming in here :redface2:

- For someone who just recently been told that the Last Ninja doesn't want a student who is easily swayed, Kinji is really easy to be swayed twice in a row (first by the Futakuchi-Onna, and now by Kyuuemon of all things).

- next episode, Tsumuji finally try to be a ninja - I wonder where's the grandpa, he's not seen in the preview at all. Knowing him, he would be the first person on the planet to stop Tsumuji, so not seeing him at all feels strange.

And what's the PreCure reference in this episode anyway?

Last edited:
- Do they really have to call everything as a Shuriken Ninpo? Calling "giving motivation" as a Shuriken Ninpo doesn't even sounds funny nor makes any sense, so I don't know what are the people in charge of the dialogues is aiming in here :redface2:

It's a running gag. Not laugh-out-loud funny, but everything being a technique is a running gag in some shounen (For example, Kakashi's "Thousand Years of Pain" or Ranma/Genma's escape technique: the groveling and running tiger).

I don't watch Precure, but from what I've read, what Kasumi said to the Youkai after she was defeated with the Gamagama guns was a Precure catchphrase.

In 'Go Princess PreCure' the three heroines are students at a boarding school where it is traditional for students to greet people with the phrase goki-gen-yo (I've added the dashes just to make the pronounciation more obvious) which is usually translated as some variation of good day to you / have a good day. The three PreCures also say it after the MotW explodes. Kasumi does the exact same thing here by saying the line after the MotW explodes.

The MotW in Ninninger is voiced by Miyuki Sawashiro, who is also voicing a re-occurring villain in "GoPuri". Toku fans might recognise her as the voice of the CGI bat Kivala in KR Decade. I assume that it's an intentional reference given this link.