Shuriken Sentai Ninninger, Shinobi 13: "Intensity! The Ninja Sports Festival!"

Admiral-Ackbar-Its-A-Trap.jpg

Well duh

This week a new commander revives (and his voice actor used to voice Agent Abrera - nice timing with Deka 10YA being on the way :thumbs:), we get to see some other ninja schools that aren't former Sentai, we get to hear a little more about Starninja's past and motivation, Nagi, Taka and Kinji have a three-legged race against the MotW and grandpa appears as an orange boxing dummy just to make me wonder if it's a lame Gekiranger reference or not?

Lurker
I like this episode. It was fun to see Nagi lead Takaharu and Star, he deserves more focus. The new commander didn't impress much, but he seems more interesting than Gabi, can't wait to see what happens between him and Yayoi who seems to have her own agenda

Shining~
Nice to see the other ninjas taking part in Ninninger's role call xD

Also nice to see a much better "I'm fired up" from Takaharu's actor at the beginning of the episode. That's how he should do it every single time. The actor is better suited to a more subdued version of the catchphrase.

And it's interesting that it turns out Izayoi wasn't actually part of Kibaoni army and Masakage knew about it.

The mecha battle in this episode though, is less than interesting. The Ninja Ally comes out only to get defeated, then they combine and do a finisher. Boring as hell.

It was cool to get more development for Nagi, even if all that development really amounted to was 'he's a nice guy'. Starninger was fun too, but I still don't really like the whole "i'll be your friend but still try to assassinate you" thing.

Kyuemon not being part of the original Kibaoni armi makes sense, since she's apparently young enough to have been taught by Gramps, whereas the villains re from the sengoku era. I do like how gabi was totally oblivious to this cos he was so high and mighty though.

This did feel a bit like another instance of Takaharu being shoehorned into someone else's episode though. Why was he there for most of it? Don't those sort of races normally only involve 2 people? Why wasn't he just captured with the others, so starninger and Nagi could have their episode? I don't mind him atm, but I really don't wanna see him become another Daigo.

Maybe because the contract stated that red must be in every episode front and center? I don't know...

It was cool to get more development for Nagi, even if all that development really amounted to was 'he's a nice guy'. Starninger was fun too, but I still don't really like the whole "i'll be your friend but still try to assassinate you" thing.

Kyuemon not being part of the original Kibaoni armi makes sense, since she's apparently young enough to have been taught by Gramps, whereas the villains re from the sengoku era. I do like how gabi was totally oblivious to this cos he was so high and mighty though.

This did feel a bit like another instance of Takaharu being shoehorned into someone else's episode though. Why was he there for most of it? Don't those sort of races normally only involve 2 people? Why wasn't he just captured with the others, so starninger and Nagi could have their episode? I don't mind him atm, but I really don't wanna see him become another Daigo.

Honestly, I think he's becoming worse than Daigo. Going by memory, Daigo wasn't crammed down our throats this hard at the beginning of Kyoryuger. That show at least remembered to let its other members have a time in the limelight too (plus, it doesn't help that Takaharu's actor is proving to be very poor making his constant screentime that much more excruciating).

I liked Daigo. Takaharu is definitely worse.

On the other hand, there are a lot of moments where Takaharu actually gets shown up and the show actually makes him look bad for it. In Kyoryuger, whenever Daigo fails, it's as a part of a group.

I liked Daigo. Takaharu is definitely worse.

On the other hand, there are a lot of moments where Takaharu actually gets shown up and the show actually makes him look bad for it. In Kyoryuger, whenever Daigo fails, it's as a part of a group.

Oh yeah, I remember that. It was never king's fault...even if conflicts that happened purely because of King, it was just a "tiny mistake." I swear, the other members treated King as if he was god. Kinda adds a bit credence to my opinion when I say that King is the end all be all of the kyoryugers