Shuriken Sentai Ninninger, Shinobi 13: "Intensity! The Ninja Sports Festival!"

Lurker
At least this series trying to imply that the others are trying to surpass Takaharu, unlike Kyoryugers who just basically being inferior than Daigo for the whole season without doing anything about it. I still have hope (though not high) that the other Ninningers will eventually reach Takaharu's level.

Oh yeah, I remember that. It was never king's fault...even if conflicts that happened purely because of King, it was just a "tiny mistake." I swear, the other members treated King as if he was god. Kinda adds a bit credence to my opinion when I say that King is the end all be all of the kyoryugers

It usually WAS a tiny mistake though. Unlike Takaharu, Daigo doesn't just charge in doing stupid stuff by himself.

That's what we're saying. Takaharu actually has flaws. (well, Daigo had flaws, he was incredibly annoying, but that wasn't deliberate. Any flaws were purely bad writing). Taka's flaws are ones that the writers actually intended him to have. The other characters acknowledge he's an idiot, and that eases the pain of the viewer a little, as opposed to daigo being insufferable, but everyone treating him like he's great.

And that's why Daigo's better, not "insufferable".

I don't understand why viewers would hate someone who makes very little mistakes. Sounds like some sort of jealousy manifesting itself. I had classmates who were good at everything, and I liked them a lot (mostly because as perfect as some of them were, they couldn't defeat me on certain things themselves, even though they could come in close second), same with characters who do very few stupid things.

And that's why Daigo's better, not "insufferable".

I don't understand why viewers would hate someone who makes very little mistakes. Sounds like some sort of jealousy manifesting itself. I had classmates who were good at everything, and I liked them a lot (mostly because as perfect as some of them were, they couldn't defeat me on certain things themselves, even though they could come in close second), same with characters who do very few stupid things.

Because it's boring. "Gee, I wonder if our perfect, unbeatable lead will win?" There's no sense of tension or conflict if your lead is basically Samba Jesus. Plus, it makes for a pretty one-dimensional, completely unrelatable and unbelievable character.

For what it's worth, when I said Takaharu was becoming worse than Daigo, I was solely referring to his amount of screentime. Takaharu is imperfect, even downright incompetent (which is why I didn't buy that he was the "only worthy rival" to Gabi).

Because it's boring. "Gee, I wonder if our perfect, unbeatable lead will win?" There's no sense of tension or conflict if your lead is basically Samba Jesus. Plus, it makes for a pretty one-dimensional, completely unrelatable and unbelievable character.

For what it's worth, when I said Takaharu was becoming worse than Daigo, I was solely referring to his amount of screentime. Takaharu is imperfect, even downright incompetent (which is why I didn't buy that he was the "only worthy rival" to Gabi).
To also add to your reason, It makes things really predictable and not worth getting excited for. You know why I usually like when the bad guy wins sometimes? It's because it tells me that the heroes need to step up their game and develop into stronger heroes in order to beat them. They actually have to work their asses off otherwise they'll lose. But with the kyoryugers and king, I don't really see that excitement or training because as long as King is there, I know they're gonna win. Why bother caring who wins or loses when the outcome will always be the same because of 1 character. And with that, it also gives me a legitimate point about king: If King is the end all be all/ strongest character in kyoryuger with the main power-up that basically makes him a 1-man sentai or having the power to control mainly every zord by himself (it's apparent in the later episodes), then WHY BOTHER....EVEN HAVING THE OTHER RANGERS IN THERE? King makes the other characters feel non-important to the overall story and when you get to that point in a sentai, You've done something wrong with the series

But see, there ARE people who are good at everything. I know some of them. I have friends who are them. So I know they are relatable and believable. One of my best friends is one of them. He's not boring. Whenever he takes his career exams he always complains how difficult it is and how he probably couldn't pass it, but he always passes it, even when he has handicaps. There's always a sense of tension even if you know the outcome.

They do make mistakes, so it's not predictable. Plus, Sentai is pretty predictable anyway.

But see, there ARE people who are good at everything. I know some of them. I have friends who are them. So I know they are relatable and believable. One of my best friends is one of them. He's not boring. Whenever he takes his career exams he always complains how difficult it is and how he probably couldn't pass it, but he always passes it, even when he has handicaps. There's always a sense of tension even if you know the outcome.

They do make mistakes, so it's not predictable. Plus, Sentai is pretty predictable anyway.

Yes, but your friend thinks he might fail. He has doubts. King doesn't. He knows he can't lose, and he just doesn't.

Yeah, we all know the good guys are going to win. But if you never give us even a slight feeling they might lose, then there's a lack of tension. No conflict. And good stories need good conflicts.

The Monster of the Week was hilarious. xD If anything, Ninninger has succeeded every week in delivering a fun villain.