Shuriken Sentai Ninninger Episode 6 - The Abduction by the Tengu

Hopefully the series can redeem Aka Ninger by having him getting owned bad time by Kyuemon and had to be really saved by his family then realized what he has to do and become calmer and more serious. Now that the Takaharu I can see from this actor, not the yeller and joking around Takaharu.

Or get him killed and let Kasumi lead the Ninninger anyway. Who needs RED all the time? It's time for PINK TO RULE!

Red's actor doesn't fit the Takaharu character, you can see visually it pains him to act like those loud and yeller types.

It's not exactly that he doesn't fit Takaharu's character, it's just that for some freakin' reason, the directors(/producers?) try to make him yell like Gentarou did, but even worse... Aside from that, he seems to be doing decently for a new actor, not that it's hard to, anyway.

Yeah he is. I said that in the last episode thread, that Takaharu is just gonna run off fighting on his own, forgetting the god damn lesson he learned about teamwork. I bet they're gonna do it later on in the series again. Just bad writing.

It's actually logical... Just because someone learns a lesson, it doesn't mean they apply it to their lives. It's like finding out that too much sweet is bad for your teeth, but you still eat lots of it. You know what's right, but you can't really accept it into your life. In this case, we have 5 people trying to be the Last Ninja, and Takaharu seems the one who is more excited by it. That means he can't hold in his desire and just want to show he is the one deserving to have that title. So no matter how many "lessons" he is going to be "taught", he will still end up doing things in his own, but slowly start focusing on teamwork. It's a realistic writing.

Yeah he is. I said that in the last episode thread, that Takaharu is just gonna run off fighting on his own, forgetting the god damn lesson he learned about teamwork. I bet they're gonna do it later on in the series again. Just bad writing.

A character learning the same thing over and over is a flaw in the writing of some Sentai shows, but I'm not sure that's what's happening here. They specifically call out that he should know better now, referencing the previous episode, rather than just making him learn it all over again. The later would be bad writing, but what we got just means that habits can't die that quickly.

Lurker
He thinks being the strongest makes him the last ninja

He is also the stupidest character

Still no Fuuka episode? At this point, I think their dad and grandfather have had more lines than Fuuka and Kasumi combined.

Kasumi's just not gonna talk much, that's just who she is. But she has got her spotlight just as much as Yakumo has. If we subtract all the times Takaharu messed up from his spotlight time, Yakumo and Kasumi exceed him.

CRETINS! ALL OF THEM!
Kasumi's just not gonna talk much, that's just who she is. But she has got her spotlight just as much as Yakumo has. If we subtract all the times Takaharu messed up from his spotlight time, Yakumo and Kasumi exceed him.

Yeah if you remove Takaharu from the show she's basically the main character, she's always saving the day and being super clever.

It feels like this show has tiers of characters: tier 1 is Takaharu, tier 2 is Yakumo and Kasumi and tier 3 is Granpa and dad and tier 4 is Fuuka and Nagi ><

I disagree, it's not that she's just stoic, it's that her, Nagi and (especially) Fuuka have just played almost no part in the story at all.

I don't see that at all. Kasumi has made more of a part in the story than Yakumo has. Without Kasumi, Takaharu and Nagi (and probably Fuuka) would be fertilizer in the forest by now. Yakumo is mostly a sounding board for everyone else because he talks and "analyzes" a lot.

I don't think she's stoic by the way, she'd just rather DO things instead of say things. Her focus episode (plus the several times she saved her teammates) made that very clear.

Nin 6:

- Why is there a purple monster dressed as a ninja in the corner?

- Taka's acting is really starting to grate.

- I just found out Kenji Matsuda is the voice of Raizo. Too bad it's not Matsuda himself in costume.

- Something about this "ninja test" and grading seems disingenuous. As though they want to treat it like actual school because the audience is in school and thus can "relate".

- Even in Japan, over 70 = passing? Shocking. >.>

- What is it with this show and treating dramatic moments as throwaway jokes? Tsumuji is so bad he's can't be a ninja? Because the grandchildren are so much more impressive so far, right? -__- This guy is disappointing.

- Yoshitaka would be more impressive if he didn't dress like a Beat Rider.

- In the test Nagi and Kasumi have the Paon and UFO shurikenns, but in an actual mecha fight it's Taka who uses them? Why?

- Nice to see Sasuke again, but what an awkward way to tease the next episode.