Shuriken Sentai Ninninger Episode 6 - The Abduction by the Tengu

16bcxed.png

Hana to Hana.

Where Takaharu (and his dad) deal with their beloved youngest Fuuka being abducted by Gabi.

===========================================

Basically, a Takaharu episode that became a family episode. At least, it didn't pretend to be a Fuuka episode. I really wish Fuuka got to shine, though. It's definitely not as good as the family episodes in Magiranger.

Takaharu gets his humiliating defeat at the hands of Gabi, and finally gets the rescue that should've happened in episode 3.

I sort of felt bad for Gabi at the end, as the poor musclehead is still not realizing that Izuemon is manipulating him.

Lurker
Even though Takaharu is the strongest and the team acknowledge it, I like that they want to become stronger so they can surpass Takaharu. I hope we will eventually have at least three final candidates for the Last Ninja title

The "Kitaaa" at the end of this episode was the first time Taka's actor has put some feeling into it. Maybe he IS getting a handle on it?

You know, this grandfather is keeping as many shifty secrets as Mr Belt is in Drive. Is this the year of the dubious mentor?

Next week, the triple ninja party we should've had this week :shakefist

CRETINS! ALL OF THEM!
And another episode of the Takaharu show... Even in their scoring the other four are in two tiers!

I think we had more insights into the father and grandfather than any of the Ninninger in that episode. I'm thinking the old man is hoping his grand children will become 'The Last Ninjas' plural and DEFEAT Kibaoni instead of just sealing him away again.

But honestly I have no idea where this show is going and I can't say I really like it yet... it just feels...incomplete.

Last year it took a while for me to warm up to ToQger so I can't be certain yet... still I haven't really been impressed by the show yet aside of the design work which is top notch all around and maybe the fight with the Kappa in episode 2?

You know with how fast they revealed StarNinger I wouldn't be surprised if the father becomes a Ninninger later down the road. They are seem building up the fact that he feels powerless as he doesn't know ninjitsu so perphaps he's going to specialize in something else. Just a food for thought.

CRETINS! ALL OF THEM!
You know with how fast they revealed StarNinger I wouldn't be surprised if the father becomes a Ninninger later down the road. They are seem building up the fact that he feels powerless as he doesn't know ninjitsu so perphaps he's going to specialize in something else. Just a food for thought.

They should have made him the one who built the training equipment, then later have him build some sort of robot suit for himself? Or maybe just a RoboNinger?

Some kind of Beast mode
Yea, I see a Cam/Ninjastorm thing going on here.

Poor Fuuka, kicked down even lower...
Seriously, who approved this Red? He is a horrible actor! Takaharu feels like a mess of bad expressions portrayed by him. I would just want to have Kasumi actress shoved her sword down his **** and end the day!

Now this was interesting... Their grandfather told Kyuemon that he chose not to seal Gengetsu. It will be interesting to see what was so terrible about this "end shuriken" that he didn't use it.
Also, was not expecting the dad to get character development.
Great to see Raizo do more, and that he's fully aware that Kyuemon doesn't give a damn about obeying him.
OK, Takaharu's an idiot. Did he really just learn the same lesson 2 episodes in a row, and have to be reminded that he learnt it?

R

raden238

Poor Fuuka, kicked down even lower...
Seriously, who approved this Red? He is a horrible actor! Takaharu feels like a mess of bad expressions portrayed by him. I would just want to have Kasumi actress shoved her sword down his **** and end the day!

Red's actor doesn't fit the Takaharu character, you can see visually it pains him to act like those loud and yeller types.

OK, Takaharu's an idiot. Did he really just learn the same lesson 2 episodes in a row, and have to be reminded that he learnt it?

Yeah he is. I said that in the last episode thread, that Takaharu is just gonna run off fighting on his own, forgetting the god damn lesson he learned about teamwork. I bet they're gonna do it later on in the series again. Just bad writing.