Shuriken Sentai Ninninger Episode 4 - There He Is! Paonmaru!

I thought it was something more like you can't really be stronger if you do things alone. It really depends how Takaharu uses the knowledge in the end.

Yes, but it's been 4 episodes and everything has been about him. If the grandpa wants to give the title of Last Ninja to Takaharu, he should have just explained it from ep 1 and the others would have understood and help him in his quest. I don't see any point in making them compete if it's to show Takaharu being the best.
And I insist: plotwise, it makes a bad episode. Why bother showing the scene where Yakumo invents a plan (and a cool one) to save Takaharu. It didn't make any sense.

It's not a unique situation anyway. For example, if you want to view it that way, Dekaranger was all about teamwork for most of the series, only for the team to be used as a stepping stone by Ban to become a supercop.

Yes, but from episode 2 Ban was put to his place for acting like that, and Hôji was actually stronger than him in the beginning, but had less potential. THough through this interaction Ban became a super cop. Here, it was made clear that Takaharu was the strongest, so there isn't that kind of interaction, and the small element of interest they seemed to had introduced in this episode just blows up, ending with Takaharu kind of understanding he's super strong.
Also, in Deka, all the characters had a role inside the team. Between Jasmine's esper power and Sencha's investigation skills, they created a consistent whole. I really don't see that here.

If you take Shinkenger, it is made REALLY clear from episode 1 that Takeru/Shinkenred is the strongest. But it made sense with the universe. And after

I don't mind Takaharu saving Kasumi once, since well, Kasumi saved him once, too. Takaharu has to be useful somehow (since he's basically all flash, but pretty much no substance for most of the 4 episodes). But I kinda wish Kasumi shines in a less subtle way this time around.

I hope so too. I mean if she wanted to become a scientist, I hope that at least the Sealing Shuriken will change to the UFO Shuriken thanks to her.

On ToQger, it's first few episodes (and most of the series actually) never caught my attention like Ninnin does. None of the characters at this point of ToQ were really distinctive.

As I claimed above, I don't think the characters are distinctive in Ninninger. They have personalities, but that's pretty much it.
Also, ToQger was about the group, so I could understand what you're saying, but I'm really surprised: how can you say that ?
Light didn't get an episode centered around him until ep 5. Ep 2 was about Hikari, 3 Kaguya and 4 Tokacchi and Mio. And their personalities were clear.

SPOILER ALERT
[HIDE]Even though Toqger ended in being centered around Red, I concede that.[/HIDE]

I share the same opinion as NeonZ: Takaharu's family likes to praise him as the strongest, but as shown, he isn't really strong at all. I think that he may be better at some techniques, but he's a total screw-up. He has screwed up just as much as Ban at this point in time, for example.

Roles and personalities are an important part the characters. I don't see the difference.

For ToQ I guess it's my personal preference after all. None of the characters made me like them at the start or made me feel anything strong in particular. Ninnin is a different mix where Red and Blue are sort of insufferable (a unique situation for me, and I'd like to watch them grow), White is a comic relief cute girl who's cuter and funnier than most comic relief girls in recent toku, and Pink is just simply adorable.

Red and Blue are sort of insufferable (a unique situation for me, and I'd like to watch them grow), White is a comic relief cute girl who's cuter and funnier than most comic relief girls in recent toku, and Pink is just simply adorable.
You not even mentioning Nagi, though episode 3 was about him, pretty sums up the problem of the show.

Roles and personalities are an important part the characters. I don't see the difference."
Sorry my mistake, I just meant personalities. they don't have clear defined roles actually, that the problem.

For Toqger, yes I think it's a question of taste, but I really think that the episode-plots of Ninninger are weak.

I share the same opinion as NeonZ: Takaharu's family likes to praise him as the strongest, but as shown, he isn't really strong at all. I think that he may be better at some techniques, but he's a total screw-up. He has screwed up just as much as Ban at this point in time, for example.
ANyway, I do hope it will turn out to be that way. But it's a shame that the other characters don't get as much attention.

Well this episode started well. I thought that Takaharu and grandpa would be saved thanks to Yakumo's plan...and finally no.
Invicible supreme Red did everything by himself again.
He only got out thanks to help from the power of his grandfather. If it weren't for him he'd have been stuck there. Yes, Yakumo didn't get to execute his plan, but Takaharu didn't get out of there by himself either. Takaharu choosing to follow Yakumo in the final battle was just a follow up to the lesson that he learned from the food, which was also the reason that he asked for his grandfather's help in the first place.

CRETINS! ALL OF THEM!
Yeah it's really getting annoying how everything is about Takaharu... despite the fact that Kasumi is an interesting enough character to stick out whenever she does anything! And Fuuka is just so darn cute :3

But Nagi... poor Nagi is so forgetabble he might as well not be there! I think he's just there because 4 members is unlucky.

NonStereoBlack
Red and blue are so dumb and force-acted that this series is not getting any merchandising money from me. I was liking the enviroment and costumes and mecha but unmorphed rangers are tilting me off

Some kind of Beast mode
Red and blue are so dumb and force-acted that this series is not getting any merchandising money from me. I was liking the enviroment and costumes and mecha but unmorphed rangers are tilting me off

Yess, especially Aka's suit actor.

D

Dr Kain

JESUS ****ING CHRIST!!! Four episodes in and they already gave us a new mecha? How about some freaking pacing!!!??

It's not that bad, really. Four episodes in and Kyoryuzin already had Kyoryuzin Western, Kyoryuzin, and the Kyoryuzin with Zakutor/Stegocchi. Shinkenger had three forms by episode 7. The only difference is that Shurikenjin has those tiny humanoid robots as parts (Shinobimaru and now Paonmaru).

R

raden238

If Ninninger aired in the old days of Sentai, they could easily of went at least 10+ episodes with just Shurikenjin and the Drago mode. But of course we have to sell more toys, so by episode 5 we will already have 4 combos for Shurikenjin. By episode 12, we have like 10 mechs. Its crazy and they don't have to do that. The mech formations are gonna fight for screen time. The combos will suffer once more Starninger comes next month.

As for this episode, I thought it was meh. Using oden to figure out teamwork, pretty sure they were already working as a team in episode 1, so whats the point. And I'm willing to bet Takaharu is gonna run off fighting on his own, in the later episodes again so the lesson learned here will be forgotten. Takaharu is also poorly written and comes off as a selfish idiot. I'm way more interested in Fuuka and Kasumi. Give them more focus.