Shuriken Sentai Ninninger Episode 4 - There He Is! Paonmaru!

35iun3q.png

Where Takaharu tries really really hard to learn about teamwork and an Elephant comes in to help.

Comments.

Damnit Takaharu. That's all I have to say for you. Just when Yakumo is finally finding some use for his arrogance.

This episode's cute Kasumi moment is her not removing those confetti because they ended up looking like a veil :D.

Lurker
Hope Takaharu will stop getting spotlights after this episode, him being super strong is hurting the show. Yakumo and Kasumi still managed to stand out as the brains of the team, though. All that's left is good focus episodes for Nagi and Fuuka

Takaharu isn't really super strong though. None of his "I'll do everything by myself!" moments have worked in the end so far. In episode 2, he ended up having to cooperate with Blue, and Blue took over for the mecha battle. In episode 3, he lost to the monster of the week, and, although he impressed the general, he had to be dragged out of the battle he couldn't win. In episode 4, he just got himself captured.

Among all of them, I really think it's Kasumi who holds the spirit of the Last Ninja and I hope (as unlikely as it is) that the show goes there. She's probably not the strongest or the best ninja, but she has done everything right so far. She seems to me to be the girl who adores everything her Grandpa is. While Grandpa, on the other hand, focuses his attention on Takaharu (probably because he's the problem grandchild).

Lurker
^ I want Kasumi to become the Last Ninja too. But I think that tittle will eventually go to either Takaharu or Yakumo, I hope there will be a fight between them to decide who is the Last Ninja, similar to Gaim vs Baron

Some kind of Beast mode
I actually don't feel the last ninja will be that predictable. If it isn't a girl it may as well be Nagi.

Honestly if it isn't Red then it'll probably be Starninja or another extra ranger. Someone who carries a quarter's toy sales.

Is it now "a thing" for Red to end the pre-credit sequence with an incredibly awkward line? That fake laugh cut through me like a knife! He needs to take lessons in comedic acting from the grandpa's actor.

But I kinda liked Paon. I totally forgot it had it's own robot mode so that was a surprise and it looked pretty cool. I hope it and the UFO next episode are building up to a second mech though otherwise they're going to get sidelined fast.

For what rare serious scenes he has had, I think Red does them decently. I'm hoping that's the reason he was hired and that he'll make a more serious turn later. His comic, enthusiastic acting leaves a lot to be desired.

One thing I liked about this show (aside from Kasumi) so far is that the editing is near perfect for TV standards. The simulation ended scene at the start of the episode was very clean-cut. And so was the henshin scenes in the last episode.

Well this episode started well. I thought that Takaharu and grandpa would be saved thanks to Yakumo's plan...and finally no.
Invicible supreme Red did everything by himself again. Well, at some point he authorized Yakumo to take control...in the end, making the team not working as one.

Also, the end of the episode didn't show Takaharu growing up. And if I get everything right, the other Ningers are just stepstones/useful tools for Takaharu to become stronger ?

I'm afraid that next week will be somehow about Kasumi, explaining her background, showing why she always wan....AND THEN TAKAHARU SAVES THE DAY.

I know I can stop watching the show, but recent Toku shows tend to become really interesting after ep 10 so I'm giving it a chance...

But I still can't understand why people aren't complaining more when everybody was screaming Death To Toqger last year...

I thought it was something more like you can't really be stronger if you do things alone. It really depends how Takaharu uses the knowledge in the end. It's not a unique situation anyway. For example, if you want to view it that way, Dekaranger was all about teamwork for most of the series, only for the team to be used as a stepping stone by Ban to become a supercop.

I don't mind Takaharu saving Kasumi once, since well, Kasumi saved him once, too. Takaharu has to be useful somehow (since he's basically all flash, but pretty much no substance for most of the 4 episodes). But I kinda wish Kasumi shines in a less subtle way this time around.

On ToQger, it's first few episodes (and most of the series actually) never caught my attention like Ninnin does. None of the characters at this point of ToQ were really distinctive.