If you can only show episodes, maybe one of the Kyrieloid episodes of Tiga. Or the Obiko episode.

One of the teamups episode in mebius might be good too.

The Mebius and Leo episode is one of my favorites, I showed that at an anime convention my old college does yearly.

Any good non superhero Toku shows worth recommending? We don't want it to be all Superheros. We plan to show Cellphone Investigator Seven and we are looking for other suggestions.

Space Battleship Yamato is really good.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L3-x4HQAq9g"]Space Battleship " Yamato " TOKUHOU / Trailer - YouTube[/ame]

And if you are looking for comedy/parody, I suggest The Hero Yoshihiko

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LgAyRl_Ut8k"]The Hero Yoshihiko and the Demon King's Castle - YouTube[/ame]

Any good non superhero Toku shows worth recommending?
I can't remember if I mentioned it in my last post, but maybe the first one or two parts/episodes (IIRC they're only 10 minutes each) of Death Game Park? I would have recommended Tekkōki Mikazuki, but the first episode is movie length and I don't know how an audience would fare jumping blind into episode two (which is still 45 mins long). TBH while I can think of lots of movie suggestions, the only other non-superhero toku shows I can think of off the top of my head are Daimajin Kanon and Sh15uya, and it's been so long since I watched the first episodes of those that I couldn't tell you whether they were any good or not :sweat:

After that we start getting into technicalities, like how Ultraman Nexus doesn't have someone transforming into Nexus in the first episode but mostly focuses on the humans fighting aliens, or shows like Ecogainder and Demon Hunter Mitsurugi (both of which would at best be curiosities rather than something new fans would enjoy) which don't have transforming heroes but are still built upon henshin hero tropes.

The Extraordinary Fan(boy)
I would recommend Sexy Voice and Robo, but that is not so much a Toku show as much as it is a J Dorama.

We plan to do live action day next Tuesday and this what we have line up in order:

Kamen Rider W
Ultrmana Ginga
Ouran High School Host Club
Garo Season 1
Zyuden Sentai Kyoryuger
Godzilla, Mothra, King Ghidorah: All Monsters Attack

We are doing one episode each and we agree to do a Godzilla film with a new Godzilla film coming out soon. Ginga was pick over Tiga since we feel like more people would like it better. I will let you know how things out next week.

Last edited:
On Tuesday, I host live action day for my club. We show both toku and non-toku shows. Here's what we show:

Kamen Rider W
Ultraman Ginga
Ouran High School Host Club
Garo
Zyuden Sentai Kyoryuger
Detective Conan
Pretty Guardain Sailor Moon
Cellphone Investigator Seven

Everyone enjoy the shows expect for Sailor Moon. I was surprise that people enjoy W and Ginga. I thought would be riffing on them and they didn't. We did had people cracking jokes on Kyoryuger though. One person comment on how Ginga felt like the biggest commercial for toys.