Ninpuu_Cover_72dpi.jpg

Shout! Factory has announced that Ninpuu Sentai Hurricaneger is now available to pre-order in advance of a release on 26th March 2019.

D

Dr Kain

Yep, saw and this may be the best thing to happen to Sentai in the first quarter of 2019.

Member of the Doomcock Army, w/o respect we reject
Ah, the third worst sentai series after Gokaiger and Megaranger, we still have a ways to go until Magiranger.

D

Dr Kain

First you say Build is the worst Toku ever and now you say Gokai, Mega, and Hurri are the three worst Sentai shows? Yet you praise Magi? Seriously, are you on crack? Sure, Hurricaneger is not exactly an amazing show, but it is most certainly better than everything that came out after it that doesn't have Aba, Gokai, and Geki in their title and it is most certainly superior to most of the shows from the 80s.

Magiranger has a crappy ass ranger cast. The Lovecraftian villains are what ultimately save that show.

Also, Megaranger is one of the best Sentai shows. It tried to do far more new things that Magi ever did. Not to mention the Neijirangers could kick the Infershia Gods' asses.

If you want to see what really are the worst Sentai shows, watch Turbo, Nin, ToQ, Kyuu, Bio, or Gosei.

Anyway, some little twat on Twitter has been arguing with Shout! Factory on how Hurricaneger is "supposed" to be spelled despite Shout! have to spell it the way Toei told them to (which they even responded with and the brat is still arguing it).

Seriously, are you on crack?
Says the guy that called Bioman's opening theme boring, I should ask you the same thing.
Sure, Hurricaneger is not exactly an amazing show, but it is most certainly better than everything that came out after it that doesn't have Aba, Gokai, and Geki in their title
I don't agree, but to each their own-
Magiranger has a crappy ass ranger cast. The Lovecraftian villains are what ultimately save that show.
1. It had the best cast and 2. How are the villains Lovecraftian? Capital what the hell am I reading here.
Also, Megaranger is one of the best Sentai shows.
It's like the Kiryu Godzilla movies: For a long time it was the worst entry bar none.
It tried to do far more new things that Magi ever did.
New =/= good. Minor tangent but why are critics on the internet so obsessed with change, are you guys Tzeentch worshipers? Is there some secret binaural beat session that makes you guys addicted to change? Consistency is a good thing.
Not to mention the Neijirangers could kick the Infershia Gods' asses.
Yeah, no, they just stomp on them.
If you want to see what really are the worst Sentai shows
I have seen the vast majority of Super Sentai and I am three quarters through Kyuranger which has a solid chance of ending up in my top 4 at the rate its going and this is where I rank every sentai series I finished (because I never drop anything):

Magiranger > Changeman > Go-Busters > Timeranger > Fiveman > Goseiger > GoGo-V > Zyuranger > Go-Onger > Kyoryuger > Gingaman > Dekaranger > Denziman > Ohranger > Toquger > Shinkenger > Gaoranger > Bioman > Carranger > Zyuohger > Dynaman > Abaranger > Maskman > Goggle-V > Boukenger > Turboranger > Battle Fever J > Ninninger > Flashman > Gorenger > Dairanger > JAKQ > Kakuranger > Jetman > Gekiranger > Sun Vulcan > Liveman > Hurricanger > Megaranger > Gokaiger

And all six of the shows you mentioned blow Hurricanger out of the water.

K

Kamen Rider IXA

Hurricanger would have been fine if it didn't have one of the worst sixth rangers. It's probably my least favourite 00s Sentai until Go-Onger, but I wouldn't call it one of the worst shows.

Also, I do think Magi is great but
Consistency is a good thing.
At some point everything becomes redundant. You can't just repeat same things year after year forever. Sentai nearly died because of bad ratings so many times and every show that revitalized it (Jetman, Carranger etc) was trying to be something new. If every show is just like
previous one, it can't offer you any new experience, instead giving you an experience you already had, so people simply become bored with it after a while, especially since there are plenty of different things you can watch instead.

D

Dr Kain

Meanwhile, I think Shurikinger is one of the best sixth rangers ever.

1. It had the best cast and 2. How are the villains Lovecraftian? Capital what the hell am I reading here.

Are you being serious? Like seriously, serious? Do you even know that N-Ma is based on Cthulhu right down the initial appearance being taken from one of the book covers. Also, Dagon is a Lovecraft creature.

It's like the Kiryu Godzilla movies: For a long time it was the worst entry bar none.

Except the Kiryu movies are some of the best Godzilla movies ever made, especially the first one which has well written characters, some of the best miniature work of the franchise, a MechaGodzilla that makes sense, and is done in a realistic mannter.

New =/= good. Minor tangent but why are critics on the internet so obsessed with change, are you guys Tzeentch worshipers? Is there some secret binaural beat session that makes you guys addicted to change? Consistency is a good thing.

Becuase a franchise with 43 entires needs to be different. That's why the show was failing in the late 80s, it was doing the same **** over.

Magiranger > Changeman > Go-Busters > Timeranger > Fiveman > Goseiger > GoGo-V > Zyuranger > Go-Onger > Kyoryuger > Gingaman > Dekaranger > Denziman > Ohranger > Toquger > Shinkenger > Gaoranger > Bioman > Carranger > Zyuohger > Dynaman > Abaranger > Maskman > Goggle-V > Boukenger > Turboranger > Battle Fever J > Ninninger > Flashman > Gorenger > Dairanger > JAKQ > Kakuranger > Jetman > Gekiranger > Sun Vulcan > Liveman > Hurricanger > Megaranger > Gokaiger

You put Dai, Kaku, Geki, and Jet towards the bottom, which shows how wrong you are, or how much you are trolling. Not to mention Gorenger is far better than most of most of these shows. Gorenger is a top 15 Sentai.

Actually, this list makes sense with your comment about not liking character development since many of those shows in your upper half don't feature any.

Do you even know that N-Ma is based on Cthulhu right down the initial appearance being taken from one of the book covers
I've read a lot of Lovecraft stories and no he really doesn't.
Also, Dagon is a Lovecraft creature.
Lovecraft's Dagon is a reimagining of a real life Canaanite sea god: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dagon
Except the Kiryu movies are some of the best Godzilla movies ever made
That's a funny way of saying worst. It's okay Doc, you're not on Toho Kingdom, you can be honest here without those guys trying to drive you into suicidal depression like they almost did me.
especially the first one which has well written characters
All of which can be summed up as "BWAHAHAHAHA WE ARE SO AWESOME AND HAUGHTY GODZILLA IS TOTALLY GOING TO LOSE- WAIT OUR FUEL INEFFICIENT SUPER DUPER WEAPON WASN'T ONE HIT KILL OH NOW I'M WETTING MYSELF WITH FEAR!" Every human in that was smug and deserved atomic termination by the nuclear leviathan.
a MechaGodzilla that makes sense
All Mechagodzillas "make sense", giant monsters fight other giant monsters.
and is done in a realistic mannter.
Assuming you misspelled manner realism is not a good or bad thing so it does not factor into movies. Realism means nothing.
Becuase a franchise with 43 entires needs to be different.
That is what looks and names are for.
You put Dai, Kaku, Geki, and Jet towards the bottom, which shows how wrong you are, or how much you are trolling.
More like I am right, I am not trolling, and you are overreacting to nothing.
Not to mention Gorenger is far better than most of most of these shows.
Not really, it had things going against it like high episode count, low production values, the music not being as good, faulty editing, and writing choices even you criticized in your review. Your reviews (and most for that matter) fail to describe things like cinematography, lighting, angling, and sound mixing and editing which I always take into account. People that only take plot and characters seriously have their own medium, it's called books (something the right wingers at Anime News Network need to grow a brain about).
this list makes sense with your comment about not liking character development since many of those shows in your upper half don't feature any.
They all had character development, you just dropped them or have such an insanely high standard you broke into another dimension.

D

Dr Kain

I never said Gorenger was perfect, but it was still better than half of the entire franchise out there. I also stated that in my review. Give me Gorenger over any Soda show any day. Although, I stated the music was quite good in Gorenger in my review. Also, I always talk about cinematography and sound in my reviews. Clearly you don't watch them if you don't even know that. Hell, I am constantly praising the Soda shows in my reviews for its camera work.

Dropped what though? I suffered every episode of nearly every show I listed. Gosei and ToQ are the only ones I have ever stopped watching and never watched the show in its entirety (I attempted 3 times on Gosei).

Characters and plot ARE important to a story though. Why would I want to spend countless hours watching a 50 episode series if the characters and plot suck? Changing the gimmick doesn't make things good.

Lastly, yes, N-Ma was directly ripped off of the cover of a Call of Cthulhu book. A friend of mine used to have it and someone posted it on Japan Hero way back in the day when Magi was airing.