MV Maker
For those of you still in the dark, Shout! has officially announced that a boxset of Gosei Sentai Dairanger (not "Super Sentai Dairanger") slated for release "sometime this year."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1t6XUhHJZ8s

Brian Ward has also said that he's trying to find out "what kinds of stuff we can do to make the set awesome," so if you have any input, now's the time to let it be known (personally, I'd love to see some side-by-side comparisons of Dai and MMPR S2 fights).

Personally, I'm ecstatic. I was worried that Zyu wouldn't do well enough to warrant the release of a much better show like this, so things are looking good for future Sentai box-sets (like Kakuranger or Jetman).

(I know this is slightly old news right now, this is intended to be more of a discussion thread than anything else).

Member of the Doomcock Army, w/o respect we reject
If the folks at Shout! are reading this topic then:

-option to make subtitles white or yellow
-have the sixth ranger on the cover
-more mecha on the back cover
-make the photoshopping less obvious

Aaaaaand that's it! Closest things to complaints I can think of although supposedly rewritten translations were done with a Zyuranger episode with a sphinx or something because of puns, can anyone fill me in on that?

A side note, but thank you Shout/Scream Factory for bringing The Car from 1977 to DVD! One of my favorites!
Gosei Sentai Dairanger (not "Super Sentai Dairanger")
Anyone else think future Zyuranger printings will fix this too or will Shout use the Super Sentai brand for marketing?

Awesome news!
I guess Zyuranger DVD sold very well enough to warrant another series.
I wonder if they are going to include movie as bonus feature (if Shout! has distribution rights to movie, which tends to be different from TV series).
I also wonder what kind of bonus feature they are going to put this time?
Regardless, I'm really looking forward it, and hopefully it would sell just as good as Zyuranger, to warrant more future releases (my choice would be Kakuranger).

^ It probably would be Kakuranger, since they're likely going to release the shows that were adapted into MMPR before anything else.

MV Maker
^ It probably would be Kakuranger, since they're likely going to release the shows that were adapted into MMPR before anything else.

I wouldn't be too sure. By release #3, Shout! will have enough stability to experiment with other Sentai eras (and Jetman seems like an easier sell, as the thing that supposedly "inspired Power Rangers" to begin with).
Or I could be dead wrong.

I wouldn't be too sure. By release #3, Shout! will have enough stability to experiment with other Sentai eras (and Jetman seems like an easier sell, as the thing that supposedly "inspired Power Rangers" to begin with).
Or I could be dead wrong.

I think releasing the three Sentai adapted into MMPR first is the smartest move. They have the most interest to casual fans, and Dairanger and Kakuranger are considered two of the best Sentai ever made. After Kakuranger's release though, everything is fair game.

K

kamil88

Awesome, i don't like Zyuranger, but Dairanger is one of my favorite, will gladly pick it up, Hikaru Fansubs already removed their subs, and TV Nihon will follow soon as well, that's nice to see :)

D

Dr Kain

Yeah, it is a great time to be a Dairanger fan. I am looking forward to this for many reasons. I don't care if the subs are yellow or white, as long as they don't blend in (and sometimes they do if they are white, yellow never does). I think I want them to keep the Gorma names untranslated, but it isn't that big of a deal too me if they do.

Bonus features are hard because I'm not sure what there really is available for me. Did Toei ever do an interview for the 20th anniversary reunion? Maybe something on recreating the Kiba Ranger suit for the White Ranger?

I expect and hope Kaku is next too. Actually, 7 of my top 10 favorite Sentai series are from the 90s, so anything from Jetman-Time sans Oh works for me. Nevertheless, I will support every Sentai series that comes out in the US even the ones I don't care for like ToQ and Goseiger.

Packaging, I want it to match with the Zyu set, but I do hope they use a case that doesn't break when you sneeze on it. The case with the Zyu set arrived broken and a disc was scratched and the replacement set's case just broke the other day when I opened it.

I'd like to see Kaku next. It's so different from mmpr season 3/alien rangers that it really merits a release, yet it has the ninja zords (I always got the impression that was a pretty popular mech amongst pr fans). After that, well I must admit I haven't minded watching an episode of Ohranger every week or two as the subs come out, but it has a pretty bad reputation so I don't know if that would be the wisest choice. It wouldn't entirely surprise me if it was decided to shift Abaranger up the order to capitalise on dino charge (though obviously Shout wouldn't be allowed to include the teamup).

If any pre-Zyu stuff ever got to come out I suspect Jetman would be up there just due to it's rep. Personally I'd love for them to release Liveman and specifically not include any unmorphed pictures of the cast on the box art just so that the first episode bait-and-switch is an actual surprise.

Would like to change his avatar
Liveman and specifically not include any unmorphed pictures of the cast on the box art just so that the first episode bait-and-switch is an actual surprise.

Methinks the minute someone sees the opening credits, that's going to be spoiled, anyway.