D

Dr Kain

Yeah, there are no secrets in these Japanese shows. Look at Macross with its opening. You know it is a mech show right from the get go. Hell, look at the episode titles to shows, they spoil what is going to happen right in the title. "Freeza Halved by a Single Stroke!! Another Super Saiyan."

MV Maker
^ I'd make a comment about Madoka Magica, but considering how many people went into that show knowing what was going to happen, yeah...

Member of the Doomcock Army, w/o respect we reject
Madoka was pretty light hearted and even ended on that note.

The issue with the whole reputation thing is that fans will know the reputation, but the average person won't when they're buying. Plus if they do research where are they going to go? There aren't English speaking places on the internet outside of /m/ and a few forums like here that have seen Super Sentai (or toku in general), let alone have detailed reviews that indicate "hmm this series is bad!". In addition very few fans have seen pre-Jetman sentai outside of Sun Vulcan, Maskman, and/or Liveman be it nobody subbed them or subs stop during progress (still waiting on those LITERALLY TWO EPISODES of Changeman that nobody is touching to make it complete). Let's not forget that Zeo holds a lot of nostalgia for people that grew up with MMPR (me included), they're going to be interested in what Oh was like not unlike those interested in Zyu/Dai/Kaku forming the original series. We shouldn't just go with a mentality like "I don't like Ohranger, therefore it must be skipped!"

As for pre-Zyu series to go with? Shout could go for Battle Fever J, Denziman, and Sun Vulcan. Why? Those three have the Marvel label on them. Release them as a Marvel Sentai trilogy or something. That way you can aim for comicbook fans too.

D

Dr Kain

^ I'd make a comment about Madoka Magica, but considering how many people went into that show knowing what was going to happen, yeah...

Still haven't seen Madoka.

BTW, did Shout say if the set will include the movie?

MV Maker
Still haven't seen Madoka.

BTW, did Shout say if the set will include the movie?

Not yet. I'm guessing even they haven't decided whether or not to include it yet.

If they do, though (and are reading this), I have a suggestion for them. Since the movie is in HD widescreen, put it on an extra Blu-Ray disc along with the rest of the potential bonus features (everything else can go on cheaper-to-produce dvds, which can also keep a consistent 4:3 resolution).

I think the rights to the movie would be different then it would be getting the rights to the TV series. So I doubt the movie will be added unless the rights to the film is cheap.

Lurker
I think the rights to the movie would be different then it would be getting the rights to the TV series. So I doubt the movie will be added unless the rights to the film is cheap.

I read Brian's trying, so the odds are decent. Hopefully Toei doesn't play hardball. I mean, it's not like there's that many opportunities to release the movie separate from the series; it's maybe 2 minutes, at most, longer than an episode (it only work in Japan because it was released with other Sentai movies). In short, I'm not blaming Brian if it costs too much.

Hopefully, the Dairangers DVD might create a demand for an American version of that team in a future Power Rangers movie. :coolshades:

Last edited:
MV Maker
Cover Art!
(ignore the watermark)
24dej6e.jpg

Source: Rangercrew

D

Dr Kain

Not entirely sold on the cover because I don't feel the colors go well together and for some reason they have Rin in an outfit she only wore one time compared to everyone else, who is in their standard clothes.

On the other hand, it matches nicely with Zyuranger.