Shout! Factory Releasing Mirai Sentai Timeranger - July 31st 2018

So there we have it. Three Sentai this year. First Gingaman, then GogoFive (which did not get pushed back), and next, Mirai Sentai Timeranger, coming in July. If Shout! Factory offers this one two weeks early for preordering from them, people can get this as early as the second week of July.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07BXZTSN...&qid=1522884295&sr=1-1&keywords=Power+Rangers

There will probably even be room for one more this year. Come on Gaoranger.

D

Dr Kain

So happy, but now I kind of miss the longer periods between volumes. lol It's all good though.

I hope the shortened time between releases doesn't decrease the quality. There was all ready one fiasco with them copying fansubs for OhRanger.

D

Dr Kain

The only fiasco was the mistimed subs on Carranger and Gingaman. Ohranger was perfectly fine.

D

Dr Kain

Unfortunately, it's because they allegedly copied subs from somewhere else.

I don't consider that anything wrong though. They're free subs after all. Hell, I would like to see more companies actually do that. At the end of the day, you have to remember one thing, the subtitles still had to be approved by Toei, and Toei clearly had no issue with them.

Also, we still don't know if they had actually approached MFC or not. I mean, would you really expect a company to admitting to using a subtitle script from an illegal copy? I wouldn't. There is also the possibility that Toei saws those subs and provided them to Shout! themselves and told Shout! to use them. Frankly, I don't give a damn in the end because the release is just solid as a whole.

I don't consider that anything wrong though. They're free subs after all. Hell, I would like to see more companies actually do that. At the end of the day, you have to remember one thing, the subtitles still had to be approved by Toei, and Toei clearly had no issue with them.

Also, we still don't know if they had actually approached MFC or not. I mean, would you really expect a company to admitting to using a subtitle script from an illegal copy? I wouldn't. There is also the possibility that Toei saws those subs and provided them to Shout! themselves and told Shout! to use them. Frankly, I don't give a damn in the end because the release is just solid as a whole.

Whoever they might have copied from, they said they didn't mind if they did, but they'd have just liked getting the credit for it.

D

Dr Kain

Whoever they might have copied from, they said they didn't mind if they did, but they'd have just liked getting the credit for it.

And that's fine, but if it was Toei that provided the script, of course they weren't going to credit the source. It's Toei.

And that's fine, but if it was Toei that provided the script, of course they weren't going to credit the source. It's Toei.
I don't think it was Toei who they got the English translations from. They used MFC's fansubs for the Ohranger DVDs, and they complained that they didn't get credit for it.

Anyway, you said earlier that you miss the long periods between Sentai releases, and SamuraiEchidna is concerned that the quality of the Sentai releases might suffer due to how they seem to be getting released faster. Gingaman may have been on time, and GogoFive won't be getting pushed back since people who preordered at Shout! Factory's site are already getting their sets, but there's still a possibility that Timeranger could get pushed back like the Megaranger release did.

Oh no, this is going to end in pages of arguing again like the Carranger thread did. :(

However, since that thread turned into a dumpster fire a possible explanation has gone around on social media. It's not been confirmed by Shout Factory so take it as nothing more than rumour, but it makes sense so I'll reiterate it here.

Shout Factory employ freelancers to do the subs for their Sentai boxsets. These are the same kind of people who usually work on the subs for simulcast anime series. Depending on who is available, they supposedly contract three or four people for a season, divide the episodes into roughly equally sized batches and hand them out.

Apparently what happened with Ohranger was that one of the freelancers was aware of the MFC fansub of the series and decided that instead of actually doing the work they were contracted to do they would just download those episodes, extract the subtitle text from them, and hand that into Shout Factory as their own work. Shout Factory was not aware of what they'd done until they released the set and the fans started howling that they'd copied the fansub. Shout Factory decided they'd rather not do business with people who deceive them and that person won't be getting any more work from them.

Or so the rumour goes. Hashtag "grain of salt" etc.

Last edited: