Shout! Factory Obtains Saban License- Power Rangers Seasons on DVD!

Actually that isn't true.
The real reason why nobody tried to dub Toei toku en masse is different and that little fact that prevents that from happening is also why Saban (and Adness too) prefer to only license the suit footage.

Actor royalties are a b***h.

Yet, Funimation and 4Kids Entertainment had no problem doing this for the Ultraman Tiga adaptation. Could that have been the REAL reason Tiga was dropped - not just because of the bad humor inserted into the show? And, what was the "Meteor Blasters story" referred to in the post just below this one?

Twitter - @MisturYellow
The Media Blasters story is several years ago, Media Blasters approached Toei about getting release rights to release subbed Sentai in North America. At the time, Power Rangers was actually profitable for Disney and they cared. So when the got wind of it, they swooped in and claimed they had first rights and bought it all up even though they clearly had no plans to release anything besides PR.

I don't do sense
So when the got wind of it, they swooped in and claimed they had first rights and bought it all up
This is a completely ridiculous rumour. The amount of money they would have to sink into the rights that they wouldn't even put to use... Consider that. Also, no sane company would license a show or even a part of it if there were no plans for a release in the contract. You can read on AnimeNewsNetwork on how these things work: 1; 2; 3 and while the articles are about anime, I doubt any other product is that much different. I just find stuff like AND THEN THEY BOUGHT ALL THE SENTAI. ALL OF IT. very hard to believe.

Yet, Funimation and 4Kids Entertainment had no problem doing this for the Ultraman Tiga adaptation.
Maybe they thought Ultraman had a chance? Let's be fair guys, Sentai has a very small audience here in the West and nobody hopes to profit on spandexmen or bugmen especially on something like DVD-only release. It's a risk nobody wants to take.

Last edited:
I don't do sense
Come to RangerCrew and hash it out. That's where I heard it. It was noted by SPD's producer Greg Aronowitz.
Eh. We don't know all the details anyway, mostly because it's not in business' interests to disclose them. My intel is not really waterproof and that producer could mean many things by what he said so yeah, we still can only guess.

Why wouldn't Overdrive have any special features?

I'm thinking Operation Overdrive and the other post-Lost Galaxy seasons that Shout! Factory has yet to release individually will most likely be barebones just like the pre-Lightspeed Rescue sets will be when they get released individually. I just hope the behind the scenes special would be one of the special features available if they release a PRLR-PRRPM set though. That and the "hidden episode" of Power Rangers: DinoThunder. Though I wonder if they'd put any other direct-to-video specials and TV specials from the MMPR-PRLG era on such a set, that didn't make it onto the MMPR-PRLG set.

Has there been any news regarding the individual release of Turbo-Lost Galaxy yet?

No, and I don't think there will be for a while. All we know is how many discs each set will have. What else might you have wanted to know?

Twitter - @MisturYellow
I'm thinking Operation Overdrive and the other post-Lost Galaxy seasons that Shout! Factory has yet to release individually will most likely be barebones just like the pre-Lightspeed Rescue sets will be when they get released individually. I just hope the behind the scenes special would be one of the special features available if they release a PRLR-PRRPM set though. That and the "hidden episode" of Power Rangers: DinoThunder. Though I wonder if they'd put any other direct-to-video specials and TV specials from the MMPR-PRLG era on such a set, that didn't make it onto the MMPR-PRLG set.

Gotcha. Yeah, the post LG individual season releases will likely get the same treatment as the previous ones. I thought you meant that they wouldn't be able to get any bonuses period for OO.

And Brian said in his interview that if something popped up he'd definitely put it on a future set because he wants us to have everything.