Shout! Factory Obtains Saban License- Power Rangers Seasons on DVD!

now Nerd Emperor
Not sure why they chose MMPR to Lost Galaxy. Would've made more sense if it was MMPR to Space since that's where the Zordon era ended.

Why is every good TV show Cancelled
Lost Galaxy was the last consecutive time they brought recurring characters from a previous season over before it became spinoff-o-rama. They probably thought it counted. Plus, seven- eight seasons is generally the normal intended length for a tv series in North America, as well.

now Nerd Emperor
Lost Galaxy was the last consecutive time they brought recurring characters from a previous season over before it became spinoff-o-rama. They probably thought it counted. Plus, seven- eight seasons is generally the normal intended length for a tv series in North America, as well.

I see. It's been years since I've watched so I don't remember the recurring characters being there. Not that I mind it as I remember enjoying Lost Galaxy as well.

Thinking about it, I'm glad it includes Lost Galaxy as I remember wanting more after the end of Countdown to Destruction.

Why do it now? All of that and more was basically in the TV Shows On DVD link that Momotaros already posted. The only thing is that your link says that the first set will be released on July 21st, and that's wrong.

Oh HOLY **** YES.

40. Fucking. Discs. :O_O:

You and I are probably the only ones who think it sounds nice. Even so, I'm still expecting a huge price tag.

Dude, just add up the volumes each month or look up on time life on other 40 DVD sets. They cost around 240 bucks. That's how much you will have to pay to get it.

I was thinking that price would be a bit better than the individual half-season sets that would make up seasons one through seven altogether though. The MSRP of the season1-volume 1 is $19.93 and I thought the rest might cost as much. Multiply that by 14 (seven seasons split in two) and you get $279.02. At least TimeLife will allow you to pay in five monthly installments. If you're right about the price, it would be about $50 per month.

Not sure why they chose MMPR to Lost Galaxy. Would've made more sense if it was MMPR to Space since that's where the Zordon era ended.
Plus it would be cheaper right?

I just wonder if this means that Shout! Factory is obligated to release the season sets up to Lost Galaxy since that's as far as the box set goes. Either way, I'm leaning more towards getting the box set. It'll be a LONG while before the rest are released. Anyway, this has me wondering if they'll also release a box set covering PRLR-PRRPM. Maybe they'll do PRLR-PRWF and then PRNS-PRRPM.

If they ever give BeetleBorgs and VR Troopers the complete box set treatment, I'll be all over that. No questions asked.