Shout! Factory Obtains Saban License- Power Rangers Seasons on DVD!

Twitter - @MisturYellow
The new Saban Brands logo will be on the back. And the old Saban logo actually helps with brand recognition for the older fans who buy it for nostalgia. Brian made a big post about it on RangerBoard. They know it's the same show made by the same people.

Also because I could not find any TF anime DVDs at Best Buy after Headmasters. I'm not buying a series if it's gonna be mostly online.

Not gonna lie, that's a pretty lame reason for hating on a company because store decides not to carry a product. Shout! is not forbidding Best Buy from buying those DVDs, it's on Best Buy completely.

Links, Please

The new Saban Brands logo will be on the back. And the old Saban logo actually helps with brand recognition for the older fans who buy it for nostalgia. Brian made a big post about it on RangerBoard. They know it's the same show made by the same people.

Not gonna lie, that's a pretty lame reason for hating on a company because store decides not to carry a product. Shout! is not forbidding Best Buy from buying those DVDs, it's on Best Buy completely.

Would you give us the links to Brian's posts so we can get up to speed as well, please?

Twitter - @MisturYellow
RangerBoard is down at the moment so I can't go to the page to link, but I'll try as soon as it comes back up.

Because online stores usually have shipping fees unless you find a way to game Amazon Prime's trial and get free shipping?

I find the release schedule cumbersome when the dvds have been made for months via the sets and the release schedule being entirely spaced out to the Fall for the singular sets. They aren't forbidding them, but the schedule makes bootlegging far more feasible to do, especially since the subs from the boots are way more accurate that the official ones which laughably try to localize the product and the video quality is pretty much the same as the boots or fansubs, but that's Hasbro's fault for not getting those restored unless Shout! does it?

Having a cleaned up version without the dirt and grime of the accumulated years was one of the sole reasons why I was going to get the sets so I was gonna see them in a close-to-original glory, butwho knows if they'll ever release Beast Wars II/Neo and actually clean up that animation? I might as well bootleg the entirety of the Transformers Japanese Collection since it's just bootleg sets that slapped the official sticker of approval.

I really hope Saban has people cleaning up the episodes as much as possible, and extras would be a plus. But if not, I'm passing.

Twitter - @MisturYellow
It's pretty easy to figure out why they market discs like that..people can get the volumes as they come out or get everything up front in one big set for those that don't want to wait. It's business. It's up to whoever if they want to stock the big boxsets, which most places don't, another reason why Shout! does it like that.

Brian and Shout! worked to get better, more accurate subtitles for the Japanese releases. Shout! doesn't always have a large budget, so cleaning things up to be spiffy is usually pretty low on the list unless the master they received is horrible. They do their best on work on extras.

Don't expect any super terrific cleaning up of the episodes. Expect about the same quality as the masters on Netflix, though not neccesarily the same masters from Netflix. They will do us right on extras and bonuses as well. A lot more goes into DVD authoring then most people think.

D

Dr Kain

It's fun. :laugh:

Also because I could not find any TF anime DVDs at Best Buy after Headmasters. I'm not buying a series if it's gonna be mostly online.

Have you actually looked at Best Buy's inventory lately?

Let me put it this way, my second last day of working there last year, one of the managers said, "Don't waste your time with movies anymore. We are only still carrying them because we carry the players to play them on. If it weren't for that, we would use that space for stuff that matters like computers and tvs."

Actually back this time
Because online stores usually have shipping fees unless you find a way to game Amazon Prime's trial and get free shipping?

Duuude, buy 25 bucks worth of DVDs at once and you're home free. Also Best Buy does free shipping a lot and Wal-Mart does the site-to-store thing. It's easy!

Lurker
New Info on box sets:

http://tvshowsondvd.com/n/16925

Appearntly you can get MMPR to Lost Galaxy box set from time life,but it's going to cost you around 240 bucks. Stores will be selling volumes of MMPR season 1 Volume 1 and 2. With each volume featuring 30 episodes.

Why is every good TV show Cancelled
I hope there isn't too much content on the series box set that isn't on the regular ones. I hate it when that happens (mainly because I don't have $240 to spend on Power Rangers...)

Well... thinking on it though, it might be the other way around considering that Seasons 1-7 box set is coming out first... I'll just stick to the $20 box sets- there's an FYE around too, so I might get em cheaper when they go on sale!:p