Shout! Factory Obtains Saban License- Power Rangers Seasons on DVD!

http://henshinjustice.net/2012/03/14/pr-dvd-deal-does-not-include-samurai-or-mmpr2010/

They won't releasing the 2010 edited version of MMPR thank God. Samurai neither... yet.

The Samurai part was actually mentioned on Monday. A bit late on HJU's headline part

http://tvshowsondvd.com/n/16646

The deal reportedly does NOT include the current incarnation of the show, Power Rangers Samurai, nor does it include the theatrical films spun off from the program (Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers: The Movie and Turbo: A Power Rangers Movie, whose rights have been retained all along by Fox Home Entertainment).

CRETINS! ALL OF THEM!
Maybe they ARE trying to make Masked Rider dissapear.

You know Celine Dion once played in a dramatic series in Quebec. It was SO BAD that her husband and manager bought the rights to the serie and EVERY SINGLE TAPE out there to make it completely dissapear off the face of the Earth!

When The Fruit Of Life Corrupts Men
Why am i expecting there to be some massive, 120 disc megaset that covers MMPR-RPM out in time for Moprhicon that will retail for $500.

Oh, because this is Shout Factory and that's what they do :laugh:

No, that's something some half-brained scalper would do to people who haven't heard of PLACES WHERE YOU CAN GO TO GET THINGS ILLEGALLY

Hopefully the cover art will be almost as good as this...

mmpr_S1_dvdpreview.jpg
What country was this released in?

Why is every good TV show Cancelled
Bizarrely enough... that looks like a Canadian ratings' seal on the back of the art. (The small blue ball that says PG & has a maple leaf under it)

o_O
What could "complete series sets" be?

Like "The Zordon Era" (MMPR - In Space), "After Zordon" (Lost Galaxy, Lightspeed Rescue, Time Force), "The New Era" (Wild Force, Ninja Storm, Dino Thunder), "The Dynamic Era" (SPD - RPM).

Tom Constantine's info on how the deal covers the 1993-2009 run of the series just might answer your question as to what a complete series set may entail, although that would be a hell of a complete series set. I'm not sure why they'd even say complete series set, since it's not like the series isn't still in production anymore. Though if they meant complete series sets of each PR incarnation after Mighty Morphin, then that sounds more sensible. A complete series set of Mighty Morphin may also be sensible as well.

Why is every good TV show Cancelled
That sounds more sensible, too, I think. Technically, the series ended with PRiS & we've been having spin-offs ever since. They might even consider Zeo, Turbo & in Space to be spin-offs as well, since they don't carry the original series title & many of the previous characters are absent.

Besides, this way is a hell of a lot simpler, you can get whichever seasons you like & skip the ones you don't without having to murder your bank account for things you aren't going to watch. I'm sure they will make a complete series box set for sales at Morphicon & Amazon, though.

Last edited:
That sounds more sensible, too, I think. Technically, the series ended with PRiS & we've been having spin-offs ever since. They might even consider Zeo, Turbo & in Space to be spin-offs as well, since they don't carry the original series title & many of the previous characters are absent.

Besides, this way is a hell of a lot simpler, you can get whichever seasons you like & skip the ones you don't without having to murder your bank account for things you aren't going to watch. I'm sure they will make a complete series box set for sales at Morphicon & Amazon, though.

Well I'm one person who'd actually buy all of them. I can honestly say that there hasn't been a season that I disliked enough that I couldn't watch it. Plus I like having a complete story, and all the episodes to use as references.

I'm kind of hoping that they don't make a complete series box set as long as I'll be able to get it in general retail. Plus they'd be cheaper that way. That's why I waited until the complete series sets of Transformers and G.I. Joe were made available to the general public.