Shout! Factory Obtains Saban License- Power Rangers Seasons on DVD!

Why is every good TV show Cancelled
...wow. I just looked it up & MMPR Season 1 Vol. 2 isn't set to hit stores until November.

That being said though, I'm sure the space between then & now will have other Shout Factory releases (TMNT, Beetleborgs, VR Troopers, etc)

EDIT: TMNT S1V1 September 4, VR Troopers S1V1 in early October, Beetleborgs S1V1 October 16.

Nothing I can see for late September, but I might have missed something.

EDIT 2: In other Saban related news, Digimon Season 1 is getting released in late October by a differant group.

Last edited:
...wow. I just looked it up & MMPR Season 1 Vol. 2 isn't set to hit stores until November.

That being said though, I'm sure the space between then & now will have other Shout Factory releases (TMNT, Beetleborgs, VR Troopers, etc)

EDIT: TMNT S1V1 September 4, VR Troopers S1V1 in early October, Beetleborgs S1V1 October 16.

Nothing I can see for late September, but I might have missed something.

You must have seen my post here a bit late, I bet.
http://forums.henshinjustice.net/showpost.php?p=1578944&postcount=277

And this
http://forums.henshinjustice.net/showpost.php?p=1589518&postcount=298

The only difference now is that there's confirmation on what episodes will be on the season 1-volume 1 sets for VR Troopers and BeetleBorgs. And, um, Ninja Turltes: The Next Mutation volume 1.

Why is every good TV show Cancelled
I suppose I did.:redface2:

And I just generally hoped people knew what I meant by me just saying TMNT.

I did get one new thing though- the Digimon season 1 set was overlooked because it's not Shout Factory. I found it by accident.

D

Dr Kain

Am I the only one that feels insulted by the Samurai DVD releases? I mean, first off, you have a show that was made in the modern era, but they didn't bother to put it on BD. Secondly, LGF must think it is still 2002 because they put 4 freaking episodes on each disc. FOUR EPISODES!!! So Target has MMPR Season 1 Vol 1 that contains 30 episodes for $15, OR I can buy PR Samurai Volume 1 that contains FOUR episodes for $15. WTF? Are these people just plain out retarded? A DVD with 4 episodes should NEVER be the same price as a DVD with 30 episodes.

Am I the only one that feels insulted by the Samurai DVD releases? I mean, first off, you have a show that was made in the modern era, but they didn't bother to put it on BD. Secondly, LGF must think it is still 2002 because they put 4 freaking episodes on each disc. FOUR EPISODES!!! So Target has MMPR Season 1 Vol 1 that contains 30 episodes for $15, OR I can buy PR Samurai Volume 1 that contains FOUR episodes for $15. WTF? Are these people just plain out retarded? A DVD with 4 episodes should NEVER be the same price as a DVD with 30 episodes.

It was once reported that Lionsgate has plans to do complete season sets of Samurai and Super Samurai. Perhaps they'll even put it on Blu-ray when they do. That's what they did with Wolverine and the X-Men, which they put out in six separate volumes, and then a complete series set which they put out on both DVD and Blu-ray. Refer to the link below and scroll down to find the heading that reads "Power Rangers Samurai Box Sets".

http://blog.samuraicast.com/rangercrew-interview-with-saban-brands-about-power-rangers-megaforce/

Anyway, the listing for MMPR the complete series is back up for sale on Shout! Factory's site.

http://shoutfactory.com/?q=node/215682

I suppose I did.:redface2:

And I just generally hoped people knew what I meant by me just saying TMNT.

I did get one new thing though- the Digimon season 1 set was overlooked because it's not Shout Factory. I found it by accident.

So does Saban own the series , or is it up for debate still?

Still neat. Gotta get that.:castlerock:

K

kamil88

Sorry, but, what exactly closed captions mean? I never seen anything like it on DVD

Back in Black
Sorry, but, what exactly closed captions mean? I never seen anything like it on DVD

It's like closed subtitles that update themselves as speech continues. There is black space with white letters. That makes it easier to view for some people.

D

Dr Kain

Are the bonus features really worth the extra cost? I mean, I remember liking Zedd's Monster Heads (that was the one with the Halloween type party, right?), but I just do not know if the set is really worth $220. Should I just watch them on Netflix instead? Should I wait for Time Life to put the set on sale? I just do not know how often I would end up rewatching these.