Shouldn't rumors of next year's sentai series be staring by now?

The Cookie Man!
I pretty much stopped coming here like a couple years ago....thought I pop on here to ask a question as I just realized something is missing and I'm sure many of us have wondered that too.

Shouldn't we be hearing about rumors of the next sentai series from Dukemon by now? We usually start hearing small of theme rumors by July or August. That's what Dukemon told me before on AIM years ago or maybe I misheard that it usually starts in September lol

Edited: Left out a t, should be starting not staring lol

I liked him when he wasn't a god
That's what I thought ... but trademarks for the new series are usually confirmed at the end of August or early September, so if there's going to be one, we should find out about it before too long

We did get rumours very early last year, but I think more people were digging for them simply because they were bored with Goseiger

*Dai runs off to start a rumor that Gokaiger is the last sentai series forever and ever because he's mean.*

Nice post!!
For a typical year, this is actually a bit early for any good rumors about next year to be going around. We knew about Gokaiger at this point last year mainly because Toei was clearly working on something else in the background while Goseiger was filming.

I wouldn't expect any really solid or credible rumors for what's going to happen next year for another three months or so. I want to say that for Sentai, we usually end up confirming the next year's show during the holiday season after some waves of rumors through November.

Of course, my memory isn't always the best for these things. :loltongue:

二番目の翻訳者
FWIW, the first rumor thread for Gokaiger was started on August 30th, 2010. It looks like Dukemon had a "the 2011 sentai will be an anniversary series" rumor as early as August 12th, but that seemed more like a given than a leak. That rumor predicted that Dice-Oh cards would be the gimmick.

It's also worth noting that the actual post Dukemon did on August 30th itself was extremely generic info relating to what had already been done with Anniversary series with Decade, and speculating about elements carrying over from Goseiger. Nothing was actually being leaked; Japanese fans were clearly just inferring things based on existing knowledge and trends. Since 2012 is not an anniversary series and there's no obvious trend for it to follow, you're going to see a lot less of that sort of speculation.

It's also also worth noting that the place where the new team has been debuted the past few years -- the crossover movie -- has already happened for these two teams. So you may not want to hold the past few years as a standard for when leaks should start showing up -- the new team gimmicks may just be decided later, since they don't have that "deadline" to make.

Last edited:
I liked him when he wasn't a god
It's also also worth noting that the place where the new team has been debuted the past few years -- the crossover movie -- has already happened for these two teams. So you may not want to hold the past few years as a standard for when leaks should start showing up -- the new team gimmicks may just be decided later, since they don't have that "deadline" to make.

But doesn't it seem likely that the new team would debut in Super Sentai vs Gokaiger instead?

The first news we usually get about a new Sentai is when Toei registers the trademarks. According to Wikipedia, the Gokaiger trademarks were approved on August 26th 2010. Goseiger was registered around 12th September 2009 (the first mention I can find in rumour threads) so, yeah, it seems to be August-September time

Last edited:
Why is every good TV show Cancelled
Want a rumor? Here's one (if anyone believes that I'm Psychic)

I though about this and got a few flashes in my head of preliminary designs that seemed to have some sort of Aquatic theme- first was a Navy/ Coast Guard design, then I saw Shark based suits.

I don't know how reliable this could be, but I hope for a technology season- been a while since we've had one & I'd love to brainstorm some ideas for one.

If anything the Coast Guard idea is probably moreso correct as I saw the image of a promotionary poster for that one, but just a drawing for the shark theme.

Last edited:
Lurker
I though about this and got a few flashes in my head of preliminary designs that seemed to have some sort of Aquatic theme- first was a Navy/ Coast Guard design, then I saw Shark based suits.

My time traveling friend just told me that there will be lots of jumping involved, whatever that means.