I don't want to sound sexist or anything, but I just can't see guys wearing pink spandex on Super Sentai. And you can go to any of your local clothing store and check out the men's section, and count how many pink shirts or outfits you can find. I'd be willing to bet that you won't be able to find any, if at all. On the other hand, Victoria's Secret has a "Pink" section in their store. I think it's nice to see that in Gokaiger vs Gavan movie, they have an all-pink Gokai Change, but to actually make a pink ranger in a sentai series would be rather far-fetch.

huh? I never said there should be a Male Pink, I'm just saying that even though it's a series aimed at boys, it's surprising that some little boys only bother to look at the girls. I don't like to see guys wearing pink myself.

is Mayor of Farmville
Unfortunately, there's still the stigma about the color pink, and of how it's a girly color. Boys who wear pink are labeled "pansies", and will get beat up. That's why seeing a male pink in Super Sentai is unlikely (though Marvelous is bound to change that).

Also...speaking of Pink shirts...

http://www.brooksbrothers.com/IWCat..._id=662&Product_Id=1455332&default_color=Pink

It's pretty darn expensive tho. >_>

Nice post!!
It could be fun to do one year, though I don't see it ever happening very often. It would be like the female Blues, something you tend to see in shows that are consciously trying to shake things up.

I think it would go over better in a show with a strong emphasis on comedy, sort of in the Dekaranger vein. I can't see a really serious series doing it just because of all the baggage attached.

(Granted, when was the last time Sentai was even all that serious?)

I liked him when he wasn't a god
Unfortunately, there's still the stigma about the color pink, and of how it's a girly color. Boys who wear pink are labeled "pansies", and will get beat up. That's why seeing a male pink in Super Sentai is unlikely (though Marvelous is bound to change that).

Maybe a male Pink might go across better if they called him "Magenta Ranger" like Decade, or gave him a name like DekaBreak or Change Dragon without the colour in it. But more male characters wear pink civilian clothes now, so Toei can't think its audience has too much problem with guys in pink

is Mayor of Farmville
Well...You do have a point. I have a Pink Mr. T T-shirt, and I've yet to get in a throwdown myself for wearing it.

And Magenta could work...It's a slightly darker shade of pink.

And Lynxara...I don't see why a Male Pink/Magenta ranger wouldn't thrive in a serious sentai...He could be the goofball in a serious sentai, like Ikari Gai or Umemori Genta.

Long story short: A Lethal Joke Character

変わって欲しくないよ。
Ehh, while I'm pretty damn jazzed about the all-pink change in the movie I really can't see it happening. I mean, I wouldn't be upset if it happened -- far from it, obviously! -- but even with pink starting to become more common in real-life wardrobes, young boys are still probably going to consider it a 'girly' color and be put off by it. I guess I'm trying to look at it more from a practical marketing angle, though obviously I can't gauge the demographic's reactions from Decade's suit or anything :p

On the other hand, Victoria's Secret has a "Pink" section in their store.

Except 'Pink' is just a side brand and has been put on lots of decidedly non-pink stuff in their line. ( I did a double-take once seeing a girl in navy blue sweats with PINK stamped down the leg, I was just like whaaa? )

In that case wouldn't it be easier to just do away with Pink Rangers? Even female Pinks don't seem to sell as well as female Yellows or Blues, and there are other colours than pink to use in a lineup

変わって欲しくないよ。
In that case wouldn't it be easier to just do away with Pink Rangers? Even female Pinks don't seem to sell as well as female Yellows or Blues, and there are other colours than pink to use in a lineup

Pink has been a mainstay in Sentai since Goranger, though -- not all the time, it's just one of the first five colors they've used -- so I don't think they'd get rid of it entirely. x:

Maybe bring them back for anniversary series?

We haven't had Pink as the lone girl on a team for more than ten years - ever since Timeranger, if a character is the only female Ranger on the show she's been a Yellow, Blue or White. So I can only imagine that is because pink doesn't sell well