I liked him when he wasn't a god
We've had only one orange and one purple Ranger each in the history of the franchise, either of those would be fine

I think light pink looks silly, even on women - someone dressed in pink all over is going to look childish and immature, like she's trying too hard to be Barbie. I wouldn't miss Pink Rangers if they went, but maybe bring the colour back just for anniversaries

Twitter - @MisturYellow
I didn't even know there was a 120 :lol:. Must've been after my grade school days.

[hide] 810gUZm7%2BXL._AA1500_.jpg[/hide]

Nice post!!
And Lynxara...I don't see why a Male Pink/Magenta ranger wouldn't thrive in a serious sentai...He could be the goofball in a serious sentai, like Ikari Gai or Umemori Genta.

I wouldn't consider Gokaiger or Shinkenger serious Sentai. Way too much of both series' episode count is devoted to abject comedy. I think the most recent show where there's a decent argument for the show's overall tone being mostly serious (in terms of the show taking itself seriously) is probably Gaoranger.

And honestly, Gaoranger is pretty debatable, you might have to go back another year to Timeranger. Now personally, I don't think there's anything wrong with comedy getting more ingrained into Sentai's DNA. My point is more that what a comedy show and what a mostly serious show can get away with will be very different.

Women can wear pants and suits, but men can't (At least any sane man. Or they shouldn't) wear dresses.

Kilts have made a serious comeback, though, especially in very geek-friendly cities like Austin and Seattle. There's also a lot of parts of the world where men still wear robes, which are basically just unisex tunic dresses.

And to further the parody let's have a female leader.

To this day, I'm convinced that the main reason why NinjaWhite was allowed to be the leader in Kakuranger is the show's grounding in satire. Her relative competence is meant to help make the other three non-Jiraiya male characters look all the more pathetic.

On paper, Tsuruhime and Yuuri were the team leaders. But in the real, Sasuke and Tatsuya took charge instead of those two.

I see the argument for Sasuke, but... Tatsuya? Really? Is this some idea the RRR subs got started? I really don't ever remember this happening in Timeranger. Tatsuya is the strongest fighter and at the center of the plot, but I just can't remember him ever acting like he was in charge when it came to Timeranger's official business.

Now as for a red female lead, I'm all up for that.

This is pretty much never happening. Sentai is shounen and a shounen series is always going to have a male protagonist, no matter what else changes. If you want to see a female protagonist, you'll have to go next door to see what's going on in Pretty Cure.

Really? You know that?

Actually there's a few shades of pink the Susan G. Komen for the Cure charity organization consistently uses as a sort of "mascot" color. They will ask supporters to wear it to official events and it often appears on packaging for products that will donate part of the purchase price to the Foundation. I am pretty sure this foundation focuses on fighting breast cancer because that's what killed Susan G. Komen.

Charitable organizations like this, fighting a particular medical condition in the name of someone who suffered from it, crop up for a variety of diseases. Just off the top of my head, there's the Michael J. Fox Foundation that fights Parkinson's Disease and the Christopher Reeve Paralysis Foundation. Generally these organizations specialize because that makes it easier both to raise funds and make sure they get into the hands of professionals who can use them effectively.

Lurker
There would probably be a lot of backlash from parents(not wanting a pink male as their child role model) and older fans if they made a pink male. Another problem would be trying to get younger kids to like the character, and since they are so young they will assume that pink isn't cool.

I persoanlly would like a pink male as long as they don't make a big deal out of it every episode and they don't try to give him a personailty that doesn't fit the color in order to sell toys.

I think it would be cool if they went the decade route and instead of red, blue and yellow we got magenta, cyan and yellow with someone wearing a black suit(i want a female in a black suit since it looked so cool in Gokaiger) joining them later

I liked him when he wasn't a god
There would probably be a lot of backlash from parents(not wanting a pink male as their child role model) and older fans if they made a pink male.

There was no such reaction to Decade, or when W included a very campy and effeminate gay guy, or to any of the cross-dressing in Sentai. Older fans might ***** a little but I should think that most people would find it funny if anything

Kilts have made a serious comeback, though, especially in very geek-friendly cities like Austin and Seattle. There's also a lot of parts of the world where men still wear robes, which are basically just unisex tunic dresses.

Emphasis on unisex. Some (mostly) older men in South Asia still wear sarongs (so did my dad until a few years ago), yet that's still a bit different from a typical Western dress, skirt or something that's clearly female-oriented.

To this day, I'm convinced that the main reason why NinjaWhite was allowed to be the leader in Kakuranger is the show's grounding in satire. Her relative competence is meant to help make the other three non-Jiraiya male characters look all the more pathetic.

Jiraiya was competent? Especially in the second half; Sasuke becomes the serious partner to Tsuruhime while the rest are mostly the comic tag-alongs.

Actually there's a few shades of pink the Susan G. Komen for the Cure charity organization consistently uses as a sort of "mascot" color. They will ask supporters to wear it to official events and it often appears on packaging for products that will donate part of the purchase price to the Foundation. I am pretty sure this foundation focuses on fighting breast cancer because that's what killed Susan G. Komen.

Charitable organizations like this, fighting a particular medical condition in the name of someone who suffered from it, crop up for a variety of diseases. Just off the top of my head, there's the Michael J. Fox Foundation that fights Parkinson's Disease and the Christopher Reeve Paralysis Foundation. Generally these organizations specialize because that makes it easier both to raise funds and make sure they get into the hands of professionals who can use them effectively.

My point was whether every man who wears pink is doing so out of solidarity for breast cancer research, as Wing Saber seemed to be implying.

I understand the reasons behind focusing on specific diseases. I suppose I just personally could never be that specialized. I actually feel the same toward fields of study; even though I major in both biotech and accounting, I never really have a real passion for my peers' discussions on the stuff.

I'll accept a Male Pink Ranger when Men can wear skirts and sundresses.

Men can wear skirts and sundresses. Their bodies don't melt when they put them on man. Not that I would.

As a guy sat in a pink t-shirt at this very moment, I think that it's totally acceptable for a man or woman to wear any colour that they want. It's about time they swapped up some of the colours. I mean they've had 35 Sentai teams now.

Why NOT play with the formula a bit?

As has been seen in the untransformed civillian clothing, Pink is currently even quite fashionable for men to wear around the world. If there was ever a time to try it out, it'd be now.

Also I second purple and orange instead of pink and yellow one year.