*explosion*
Saban can always use the Gokaiger vs. Gavan teamup and the upcoming Gavan feature film to make a few VR Troopers specials featuring a new suit/trooper; just like they used the Shinkenger and Decade crossover for Power Rid....oh wait.

DON'T PUSH THAT BUTTON!
The thing is, nobody remembers VR Troopers except for the tokusatsu fandom.

As for Mike McGraw, I can see why his animation style was ultimately turned down. Aside from the slight exaggeration in character models (which I hardly mind in cartoons anyways), a lot of the action in those videos seemed... too violent? Even for Power Rangers. You had things like graphic decapitations and executions of the Putties. This is for kids, after all. Any animation style would need to capture the magic, the fantasy, and the camp of the live action shows while still being able to do the things they couldn't do because of live action limitations.

Samurai Jack got away with a TON of things, and it was because the characters were inhuman or robots. And that was with a sword.

For kids, or you mean "kids" as braindead zombies? Why can't kids shows appeal to a family audience like Avatar while at the same time it be a show for kids?

I think Disney should have went ahead with the MMPR Cartoon. Mike McGraw's awesomeness is self explanatory (just by watching his Animations). It's just a shame that it never happened. Not to mention the majority of the Power Rangers fandom didn't want it to happen, which I cannot understand because.. ..well what's wrong with it anyway?

As for the Threequel to VR Troopers being a cartoon rather than a live action basing itself on a Japanese original. Well all I can say is if Mike McGraw could do it then I'm sure it'll be awesome. I think as a cartoon it'd be a whole lot more interesting to watch than just another mash up. Well for me at least.

I agree. If it was refined ala the style and whatnot, the show would be a great sell. The PR fandom needs a shakeup other than the predictable sentai followup each year, but it sadly did not happen. Imagine if they got the staff from the SRMTHFG series with some older writers, it could be impressive.

If Gatchaman worked and Voltron worked , why not Power Rangers animated?

IF VR Troopers were animated , it could be amazing.

D

Dr Kain

Masked Rider, Beetleborgs, and Mystic Knights never had the villians defeated either. If it wasn't for them deciding that In Space was going to be the final season at first, noone would have been defeated for good in Power Rangers either.

Samurai Jack got away with a TON of things, and it was because the characters were inhuman or robots. And that was with a sword.

For kids, or you mean "kids" as braindead zombies? Why can't kids shows appeal to a family audience like Avatar while at the same time it be a show for kids?

When I said that, I was thinking mostly of American TV standards. I still stand by what I said as far as cartoon versions needing to capture the magic and appeal that the live action shows had. That might not be something that would be easy to translate to animated form, but if they try, I would hope they learn from the shows that did it successfully.

When I said that, I was thinking mostly of American TV standards. I still stand by what I said as far as cartoon versions needing to capture the magic and appeal that the live action shows had. That might not be something that would be easy to translate to animated form, but if they try, I would hope they learn from the shows that did it successfully.

Ultraman the anime series alongside the HB series captured its counterpart correctly, and that's a direct adapt of the concept to the cels. Jushin Liger and I don't know if there are anymore, but consider this as an example of the Kyodai, of Giant hero genre.

------------------- ----------------------------

As I've said prior, it already has been done numerous times. Golion, Dairugger XV, Albegas, and God Mars pretty much covered the giant robot parts if not totally translating the Super Sentai format, and thus Power Rangers , to the animated format. And it's not surprising the majority of the series I've mentioned were done by and designed by the very same group which did the Super Sentai of that era, Saburo Hatte. Remember Dancougar?

I can also bring up the super robot series of the past as with now.

Gatchaman and perhaps Guyver are the prime examples of the masked multi-colored heroes, alongside the fact that the former highly influenced Super Sentai and itself was a major influence for the sentai series Chojin Sentai Jetman.

So this is how Super Sentai done in the animated style would be done, and most likely you have seen these in some form.

Now let's go to Metal Heroes. The only example I got is from the homage anime OVA High School Investigator Hikaruon and its footage again shows that a metal hero ,and thus VR Troopers , could be done.

The Metal heroes can be done.

Kamen Rider? Look at Guyver, Devilman , Skullman , Zetman and let's use Batman and Spiderman animated series as well just because they were the influences.

So yeah, they could perfectly do any tokusatsu animated, and it would be nailed. so what is the huge deal with US standards when really if its not seen (Avatar gets crap through the fan like this ) or if the villains are inhuman creatures (This was done in Voltron and recently Samurai Jack and Clone Wars.)

The way MMPR or any Saban series was, translating it to an animated series would not be so hard. Why? Because NONE of the villains were human or human looking in any way , shape or form. So this already gets rid of the problem of censors. If there any human villains.....oh wait, Transformers Animated had plenty and it worked still, while numerous superhero series here ,depending on the show and even in the recent decade have had both inhumans and human villains....and oh wait...... it was PERFECTLY DONE!!

So why can't toku be animated again?

As this guy said, VR Troopers wouldn't be profitable enough for Saban to revive it. While Power Rangers has many incarnations and different generations of kids watching, VR Troopers only existed in the 90s for a short while. It seems more likely that Saban would adapt a newer toku show or create something totally original, than it is to revive in old show with only moderate success from the 90s.

Some kind of Beast mode

Even better, gain new fans then gradually incorporate some history within the show. I'm sure many would remember, just obviously not as much a PR.

Yyeeeah, but..

I personally think they should try reviving VR Troopers without using another Japanese show as source material. They did it with Mystic Knights of Tir Na Nog before..

They shouldn't and they won't. It's a dead property there is no use in using the "VR Troopers" name in a show as kids have no idea what it is today. Even the name is dated VR Troopers? When is the last time anyone said Virtual Reality and a kids eyes lit up? Not since about 1996 I am afraid. As for Mystic Knights, as I am sure you must be aware, that show was God awful and a big minus for me in the trust department letting Saban shoot their own material. The American original footage from Samurai is another big minus in the trust department as well.

Also Toku can't be animated because as soon as it becomes animated it loses the magic that makes Toku what it is and is no longer Toku in any sense of the word. Sure there are INSPIRED anime series but I would hardly call Zetman a Toku series because it's not. It's a Seinen manga/anime.