My belts talk.
Okay guys, I've tried watching the first two episodes, they really bugged me. Does it improve as the show progresses? Ryuki was my favourite rider series, and I don't know if Dragon Knight will disappoint me. Opinions please.

To your question: Yes! You should watch Kamen Rider Dragon Knight Tiger-san. As it progress, you will find it more and more enjoyable. Give it a shot man. Go some more episodes till you reach the lastest. This Kamen Rider Dragon Knight really shared a lot of the Showa Era storyline mixed with Heisei stories.

My belts talk.
To your question: Yes! You should watch Kamen Rider Dragon Knight Tiger-san. As it progress, you will find it more and more enjoyable. Give it a shot man. Go some more episodes till you reach the lastest. This Kamen Rider Dragon Knight really shared a lot of the Showa Era storyline mixed with Heisei stories.

Seriously? That sounds quite interesting.

Yes! I myself really felt like it's Showa revived with Heisei ideas. The 2 or 3 Good Kamen Riders VS a single foe who spawned many foes, the kidnappings and then the spinning and glowing belt buckle when transforming. Aren't these interesting? Moreover, they have cool fight scenes that are well done.

Eye See You
KRDK is a solid show so far. Probally the best U.S. Toku since the Saban PRiS-PRWF days.

KRDK is a solid show so far. Probally the best U.S. Toku since the Saban PRiS-PRWF days.

I agree man! So cool and so badass. Every episode builds up more badasseries after the badassery of the previous episode. Like a non-stop river of badasseries just overflows.

I liked DK in the beginning, but lost interest over the summer. A friend of mine who has seen Ryuki flat out hates the show. I don't go that far but I am frankly getting a little tired of the acting and choreography this show uses. Not to mention just how silly the plot can get. Chris having a chronic illness? Good idea. The illness being..... asthma? Come on, they couldn't have done better than that? Especially when you later have the plot point of JTC tempting him with a cure. I'm sorry, you have to find a more convincing disease than asthma, something lots of people live decent lives with, to pull off a plot like that.

You're better off watching Ryuki. That show has a little more "power" to it than DK. The only two things I can really credit DK on is:

1) The "Lonely Kamen Rider" premise. We have Len, essentially the last of his kind, in a world that is not his, fighting on against all odds. That's the romantic appeal of Rider right there.

2) Ren and Kit's relationship, which seems almost reminiscent of Jou Yousuke and Diana in Spielban. (This partly ties into the first point.) Two souls who have no one else in the world to turn to but each other. Sticking together is the only way they can survive.

Mad Skillz
I liked DK in the beginning, but lost interest over the summer. A friend of mine who has seen Ryuki flat out hates the show. I don't go that far but I am frankly getting a little tired of the acting and choreography this show uses. Not to mention just how silly the plot can get. Chris having a chronic illness? Good idea. The illness being..... asthma? Come on, they couldn't have done better than that? Especially when you later have the plot point of JTC tempting him with a cure. I'm sorry, you have to find a more convincing disease than asthma, something lots of people live decent lives with, to pull off a plot like that.
Have you ever dealt with Asthma yourself? It's something that can greatly hinder the life of a person who happens to work in such a physically demanding field, like Chris and his line of work. It's not like he's sitting around in an office and randomly losing his breath from furiously writing documents, the guy is getting is butt handed to him on a daily basis by other Riders and monsters. Chris can't exactly ask people to stop beating on him while he uses his inhaler.

I've always thought Dragon Knight got a lot better around episode 14 and still think episode 20 has the best moment in the series so far when Kit finds the letter than Chris wrote to his father.

Lurker
I liked DK in the beginning, but lost interest over the summer. A friend of mine who has seen Ryuki flat out hates the show. I don't go that far but I am frankly getting a little tired of the acting and choreography this show uses. Not to mention just how silly the plot can get. Chris having a chronic illness? Good idea. The illness being..... asthma? Come on

..I'll go with Ryo here, what the hell is your deal thinking Asthma is easy?

You're better off watching Ryuki. That show has a little more "power" to it than DK..

Don't tell him what he's "better off" watching.

A person trying to live up to the expectation of his father is a VERY normal thing for someone to be tempted to the darkside for.

Asthma is the perfect disease for something like this, as it isn't something that hampers in the start, but can get progressively worse, and will definitely get you discharged from the armed forces, ESPECIALLY the marines.

Its also not something that Chris would sacrifice his ideals for, its not like its AIDS where there is no cure and he WILL die from it eventually. Asthma is something that Chris thinks that if he just pushes himself that extra mile, if he just keeps going, he can work through it. The whole mind over matter thing.

I also have to agree with episode 20. The series has gotten progressively better since ep 5 and 20 was a milestone for American Toku storytelling.

Also, you admitted you stopped watching the show during the summer, don't tell someone what they should watch if you yourself haven't seen it all...doesnt look too good...