I read the plot and it sounds like wildforce exactly. So, what differences are there between the two because I will watch either one.

Mad Skillz
A lot of the series really is the same. I think what Gaoranger has going for it is the better acting (compared to Wild Force) and that the fights aren't as toned down. You get some intense fights later on in the series that are really fun to watch. Ougami's story is played out a lot better than Merik, but it's still the generic lone wolf guy sort of thing. Wild Force did a few things better, I always thought the thematics of its final episodes were worlds better than Gaoranger. The series also has a more interesting lead in Cole when compared to Kakeru since Cole's got the whole story with his parents link to Master Org...but the acting kinda does a lot to make it seem less than it is.

So it's up to you, they're on equal footing as far I'm concerned, just in different areas.

Annnd since this is Sentai discussion, I'll move it to the proper area.

Last edited:
Read my smart post
The thing is, I just finished Gaoranger and Wild Force ruined it for me. They copied almost every arc and everything that happens, so you already know what happens if you have seen Wild Force. If you haven't seen Wild Force I would recommend Gaoranger because it is still very good, better than WF, IMO

It's over 8,000!
Aren't all Sentai series better than Power Rangers? I'm liking Gaoranger so far. I should finish it soon.

Mad Skillz
Aren't all Sentai series better than Power Rangers? I'm liking Gaoranger so far. I should finish it soon.
Generally, yes. There are instances where certain aspects of a Power Rangers series is better than its Sentai counterparts, and a few times where a Power Rangers series is better. (RPM being the prime example)

Doesn't mean Power Rangers can't be enjoyable in their own right, though.

Thanks I keep starting threads on the page. Since you pointed out the Zenaku arc, is the japanese footage of that arc more exciting?

It's over 8,000!
Yeah, I don't mean that you can't enjoy Power Rangers. I haven't really seen any myself, but there must be some reason why people really like the franchise and have followed it over the years.

Which Sentai series was used for RPM?

It's over 8,000!
Thanks. I might watch RPM if I ever feel like beginning Power Rangers.