Should I play Final Fantasy VII now or wait for the remake?

111355-final-fantasy-vii-windows-front-cover.jpg

I haven't played Final Fantasy VII yet because when I was a kid, I remember that I bought a copy and it wasn't working. Should I buy a copy now or should I wait for the remake? Seeing that the remake won't be coming out soon, should I just buy it on steam in the meantime? Can I still tolerate the old style graphics even if this is my first playthrough? Thanks!

Last edited:
Hustle-Loyalty-Respect
I think you should play it now just to get basis of the game before going for the remake. It's going to help you in some kind of having an experience about the game already before hitting up with the remake.

Sometimes you could wait forever, for a Square Enix remake to come out- and maybe they want to get it right, or make the Final Fantasy 7 remake worthy of the original, but you never know. This Final Fantasy 7 game is over 20 years old- but is one of the best ever JRPG games of all time though, so it would not be a waste of time to play the original !

Thanks for your inputs, guys! I’ll definitely buy the game after I finish my backlogs of other games! I’m gonna have to clear some free time because I think the gameplay time of Final Fantasy VII is really long! :)

I would advise you to play it now and stop waiting for the remake to come before having fun with the game. If you needed a better graphics outlay with the game, then I would suggest that you get mod version of the FF 7 and have it installed before playing.

I would advise you to play it now and stop waiting for the remake to come before having fun with the game. If you needed a better graphics outlay with the game, then I would suggest that you get mod version of the FF 7 and have it installed before playing.
Nice to know there are graphics mods for the game. Can you share what mods you used when you played it? Will the graphics also noticeably improve? Thanks!

I think playing as you get time is much better option than hopping for remakes and the sequels. I'd say old graphics also has it's fun. So do play whichever form you get to play the game.

Administrator
Staff member
The remake might have changes on the story, so I will advise you to play the original because the remake is going to be a different experience. It may not even use the same combat system.

The remake might have changes on the story, so I will advise you to play the original because the remake is going to be a different experience. It may not even use the same combat system.
Yup. I am planning to play the original game. I am currently installing mods for Final Fantasy VII. I've seen some mods recommendation on this forum section and I'm checking out the best ones before I play the game. :D

Administrator
Staff member
I enjoyed this game with terrible graphics and I even enjoyed it more with the graphic improvements given by the mod.