Shazam: Fury Of The Gods Second Trailer Appears

Staff member
<p>The problem with making a big announcement about how you’re about to revamp the entire DC Cinematic Universe is that it’s not an instantaneous decision. You can’t just remove the last few films being produced under the old guard and replace them with new movies equally far along in production. So though Shazam: Fury of the Gods tries to make a big deal out of itself, the sad truth is that this long-delayed movie arrived too late. We really hope it’s not stuffed with sequel-bait scenes, because we know those aren’t coming.</p>

Not a Jojo Reference
Last year I was so hype for this movie but everything that happens in DCEU kills it for me. I lost motivation because I know the franchise will be dead.

The tone of this trailer appears to be significantly more serious than the previous one. I truly hope this isn't the last time we see Zachary Levi as Shazam; he's perfect for the role. I wish that Dwayne Johnson wasn't such a diva on the set of Black Adam and instead asked for a more reasonable budget. Perhaps it was not a failure after all. I still want this to succeed though.

Popcorn Addict
In all honesty, after seeing the latest trailer for Shazam!
, I'm so excited for it! The upcoming second book in the Fury of the Gods series is shaping up to be even better than the first. Plus, Zachary Levi is a perfect fit for the part, and Billy and his siblings have a wonderful relationship that warms my heart. Like a glove, Zachary Levi fits the role of the protagonist. Since the very first Shazam, he has really progressed a great deal, and he is only just getting started. I'm crossing my fingers that, out of all the DC films and shows getting remakes, Shazam will be the one that retains its original feel while still fitting in with the rest of the DCEU.

Please do not Ban Me
I really want this to outperform Black Adam at the box office to show Dwayne Johnson that he should have gone with Shazam instead. People who have said they won't see it because they don't want the franchise to end are probably not going to like this movie. In order for Shazam and his loved ones to make it through the next reboot, it is crucial that we watch it. We should not fail this awesome family.

Wow, that was one amazing looking movie. We're going to have a blast when this comes out! It's comforting to know that the Wizard has faith in Billy no matter what he looks like. Zachary Levi is a huge part of the DC Universe, and I hope he stays with Gunn. I really enjoy this group and hope to Gunn will not put this in the chopping block.

It's a damn shame that the DCEU as a whole is going through this. Though I think this could be a fun flick, I'm bummed that Black Adam won't be returning for a sequel. I plan to see it in theaters regardless of how it performs, and I intend to do the same with the other DC films coming out this year.

Do not mess with the Power
It's too bad that, now that everything has been started over, the film probably won't contribute much to the DCEU experience. A great movie trio would feature Henry Cavill's Superman, Shazam, and Black Adam. While I eagerly await the release of the sequel, I am shocked to learn that James Gunn's involvement will require a new cast for the Shazam superheroes. Shazam has only recently begun filming by DC Films, but I worry that this is the last act. Because of James Gunn, I'm so enraged that I don't want any of the DC movies to ever end. I sincerely hope he is fired and that he is not given the opportunity to helm another of those films.

Froggy Afternoon
Even though this is the last film in the Snyderverse, I am confident that I will enjoy the conclusion. Almost always, these films look better when viewed in IMAX. It appears that the wait will be well worth it. I abhor both James Gunn and the television program Discover! They are deserving of being buggered in the a**.

To tell you the truth, this dulled my optimism for the film. One of the reasons I enjoyed the first film so much was that it was funny but ultimately not serious. It took the superhero genre and its inherent campiness and turned it into something amusing. The trailers did not give me the impression that it would be another overly serious CGI extravaganza at the end of the world, but that is what they give the impression of being. As a result, I'm not particularly excited about it, so I'm hoping it's just the way the trailer was shot.