yeah, I admit the "you guys" part wasn't exactly an appropriate phrase but I think it's pretty funny that people are complaining about Sakamoto's directing yet I've hardly seen any complains about it during Kyoryuger's air time.

Sakamoto went fairly more overboard with his style in these v-cinema (and Ultimatum, for that matter) compared to his other toku works (Kyoryuger, Fourze, Gokaiger episodes, W specials, Ultra works and etc). That's for sure.
But of course, nothing close to his non-toku movies. That's where he goes crazy.

Anyway, i'm not even seeing many complaints about these movie anywhere. Most people seem to have liked them. Heck, i've seen plenty of people who never cared about Metal Hero and/or didn't like the Gavan movie going after these ones because of Sakamoto's name.

Clearly the writer must have had some hand in it. I mean, Sakamoto portrayed cute lovey-dovey rage monster, and I can't imagine cute lovey-dovey rage monster wasn't what the writer intended.

Naruhisa Arakawa's writing was definitely identifiable in this v-cinema. Even for directors with such distinct styles, it's not like they can stomp on the writer, especially working for Toei.

Guillotine Gorilla
I wonder how much of it is on Sakamoto, though. Clearly the writer must have had some hand in it. I mean, Sakamoto portrayed cute lovey-dovey rage monster, and I can't imagine cute lovey-dovey rage monster wasn't what the writer intended.

No, I'd argue this is definitely Sakamoto here, given how Toei has pretty much made no illusions, hell outright admitting it in Akibaranger, about deliberately pander to Koichi Sakamoto in any of the productions he's been part of (and I still distinctively remember the producer admitting to hire Amy's 16 year old actress for Sakamoto to ogle at).
Everything Sakamoto has ever had any part in, there will always be exactly two types of important male characters, which is either the generically cool "manly" guy who can do no wrong and the arrogant/cowardly guy who has to learn lessons from the cool manly guy, which then in turn forms a major arc in the story.
Everything he's ever involved in it has always been the same macho, hyper-individualistic narrative, where everyone don't just listen but surrender to the big dick because his way is always the correct one.
The only times this has pretty much been tolerable, even worked, was with Fourze and his Ultraman stuff, but I attributed that to the writers Kazuki Nakashima and Keiichi Hasegawa, and the general fact that Tsubaraya still likes keep some level of integrity and heart with Ultraman more than Toei does with Kamen Rider.

Of course, it doesn't help that all the female characters... Okay let's just put it bluntly here, are basically there to be masturbation fantasy. This is not even up to question, this man has shown nigh absolute incapability of keeping it to himself, and proven to be nothing but chauvinistic as all ****. Women are either outright nuisances or cool only if they are also sexy in miniskirts, the worst in either spectrum being the shitty treatment of Akiko in Accel movie and the existence of Kamen Rider Nadeshiko. Its absolutely disgusting, added up to the prior fetish for immature Great Man stories.

(Then again, I suppose to be fair, not every problem in Kyoryuger can just be blamed on Sakamoto, given the presence of Riku Sanjo and Takahito Ohmori, who are enablers to a disgusting degree.)

I liked him when he wasn't a god
Of course, it doesn't help that all the female characters... Okay let's just put it bluntly here, are basically there to be masturbation fantasy. This is not even up to question, this man has shown nigh absolute incapability of keeping it to himself, and proven to be nothing but chauvinistic as all ****. Women are either outright nuisances or cool only if they are also sexy in miniskirts, the worst in either spectrum being the shitty treatment of Akiko in Accel movie and the existence of Kamen Rider Nadeshiko. Its absolutely disgusting, added up to the prior fetish for immature Great Man stories.

I'd say the worst could well be the Kyoryu movie and D's henchwomen "Chest" and "Legs", so-named after which part of their body the costume shows off, because that is their entire purpose in the movie ...

I wouldn't mind Tammy and Shu being like Amy and Daigo except that I don't feel Amy and Daigo were that well-written. On the other hand, a Daigo type works better here as a lone hero than hogging the spotlight of an ensemble piece.

Everything Sakamoto has ever had any part in, there will always be exactly two types of important male characters, which is either the generically cool "manly" guy who can do no wrong and the arrogant/cowardly guy who has to learn lessons from the cool manly guy, which then in turn forms a major arc in the story.

You mean just his toku productions, right? His non-toku movies have a bunch of pretty much useless men.

In Aka x Pinku the only "manly man" was a wife-beater who got served. The only decent man was a cripple who just stood there getting beaten up and another one was a cowardly business-type.

Guillotine Gorilla
You mean just his toku productions, right? His non-toku movies have a bunch of pretty much useless men.

In Aka x Pinku the only "manly man" was a wife-beater who got served. The only decent man was a cripple who just stood there getting beaten up and another one was a cowardly business-type.

Oh yeah, almost forgot about that in amidst all the shower scenes, mud wrestling and lesbian sex. How silly of me!